Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette complete

Rodd

Just want to make sure I am on the right track here.  I am averse to cartoons, which I have a tendency to generate.  I took a closer look at the rosette, and decided it needed a reprocess.  I used deconvolution in linear state to grab the fine scale details, and was over all more careful with processing-especially the palette and noise control. (FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600 with 3um Astrodon filters) Ha: 63 5min, SII: 54 5min and OIII 47 5min.

Version 1 is new, Version 2 is previous.  For the bok structures The goal was no totally black areas and no over sharpening.  I think this is the closest I have come to my goal with any of my scopes--granted, the difference between the TOA 130 and this is simply one of processing as that data should yield more structured results in the Bok region if processed properly. (but the difference is not as significant as one might expect).  

done4.thumb.jpg.464f4f5f6181bf934cda16a52de788cf.jpg

arev5b-curces4b.thumb.jpg.44dbd6d8e4c7dd98f3fbf2040b677c7c.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Stargazer33 said:

Fantastic image! The depth in your latest version is so enticing one can imagine flying through the nebula. 

Thanks Bryan.  Funny thing is--if you flew through the nebula you wouldn't even know it!

Rodd

Without pixel peeping both version look great, but closer inspection really shows that your latest version (the one on top) is close to a flawless masterpiece, while your old version is not. The softness of the new version is also a plus.

I have hard to believe it could have been done better Rodd! Of course you could play a bit with some simple things like colour saturation, but it is all about personal taste. I, for example, wonder if it would benefit from a tad more red/yellow saturation.

4 hours ago, gorann said:

I, for example, wonder if it would benefit from a tad more red/yellow saturation.

Thanks Goran.  Saturation was one of the reasons I wanted to redo the image--the old one was just too saturated, so I was very careful not to repeat the same mistake.  Perhaps I stopped a bit short when I gave the  red channel a saturation boost.  I have come to feel that not enough is better than too much!

Rodd

Archived