Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
First kit and I feel like I'm starting with the biggest setup I can own. Picked up from astrobuysell.com for £125 including a 40mm and 25mm Celestron E-Lux. Finder scope will be replaced with right angle. It has a Telrad mount (as I found out by accident) and I've alreadyt found cheap one on FB so should have that soon.
Next pieces to get will be WA 6mm and 15mm.
There's a small mark on the main mirror, but it doesn't seem to affect the view, and at that price I can't complain. The base also needed some attention. Vertical movement is smooth, but horizontal rotation was hindered by the bottom board being slightly bent, and rubbing the corners against the telescope base. I have added some washers between the teflon pads and it's much better. Not buttery-smooth, but I feel like that would make it too sensitive to movement, In the current condition it lets me track Jupiter easily. I guess the real test will be when I get the 6mm piece
Collimating laser is also coming to make sure the mirrors are aligned after haling it home for 40 miles.
Other than that it doesn't seem like it needs any serious work, so for a 20-30 year old telescope this is amazing.
I purchased a skywatcher 200p dobsonion from first light optics a few weeks back. During assembly I found that the package containing side handle and the tension control handle is missing. I have contacted the first light optics but they are not sure when and how they are going to make it available for me.
Does anyone of you have these to spare??
UPDATED ALL SOLD
I have too many Lunar Atlases, so it is time to say goodbye to some of them.
All of these book are in very good - excellent condition and have hardly been used. All prices are postage paid to the UK. Payment by Paypal please - details on request
1) Atlas of the Moon - Antonin Rukl 1996 published by Kalmback Publishing £25 Sold - Thanks John
2) Observing the Moon - Peter T. Wlasuk 2000 published by Springer £12 Sold - thanks James
3) The Hatfield SCT Lunar Atlas - edited by Jeremy Cook 2005 published by Springer £20 Sold - Thanks Vin
4) New Atlas of the Moon - Thierry Legault & Serge Brunier 2006 published by Firefly Books - note this is a large hard cover, spiral bound book £15 Sold - thanks James
5) Atlas of the Lunar Terminator - John E. Westfall 2000 published by Cambridge University Press £20 SOLD thanks Ade
Thanks for looking