Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

There are a few phone apps which are good for processing images. I use both PS Express and Snapseed, both offer different things but Snapseed is great for adjusting curves to reduce background glare or bright sky background.

I had a quick go at the other one. Another tip is to make sure you don't over expose any parts of the image, otherwise you lose the detail and don't bring it out when processing. Reduce the shutter speed or ISO to do this.

IMG-2558.JPG.854c37d6b3a6c94105d8b3700102c244-01.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Lonestar2123 said:

And you did this with photoshop? ? 

Nope... In pixinsight, but curves and levels are more or less the same in the Photoshop also.

As Stu mentioned, 

You should reduce exposure and/or iso to get the best results, as anything what ends up completely white is completely lost and not recoverable.

As a very quick example of what you can do in Snapseed on the phone, here are two images of before and after a very quick drag of the curves to reduce the background glare. You can tap on the line a number of times to add additional points which can be adjusted, and can also adjust individual colours.

Screenshot_20181214-195346_Snapseed.jpg

Screenshot_20181214-195402_Snapseed.jpg

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 01:46, Bruce Leeroy said:

You should try taking a panorama of the moon. No tracking just let the moon drift through and hopefully the iphone will capture the passage...I tried it on an iphone 4s and the results where quite good.

im going to try this tonight with the full moon. Lets see how it comes out... Ill post a new topic xD

On 22/12/2018 at 04:24, Lonestar2123 said:

im going to try this tonight with the full moon. Lets see how it comes out... Ill post a new topic xD

You have to get the orientation of the phone verticle to the moons motion....thats the tricky bit! Good luck.

Give us a heads up if you post a pic :)

On 14/12/2018 at 01:13, Lonestar2123 said:

A couple images I was able to take with my iPhone and my Dobsonian XT8. using the Camera +2 app Anyone know any other good phone apps? ? 

These first two shots look great and give me hope I can get some good shots with the same scope and phone adapter. Good job!

Archived