Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Been trying to observe for over a week now, and have had cloud, and on the week-end was hopeless with bush fire smoke

Best night is going to be 16th Dec, when 46P will be between Orion, Aldebaran and Pleiades

https://www.space.com/42575-see-comet-64p-wirtanen-earth-flyby-december-2018.html 

John 

Very cool - ive been trying too but unfortunately it’s sitting right over an industrial estate and a brand new 400 acre floodlit  car storage yard so there’s absolutely no chance for me! Might point the camera in that area next clear night.

19 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Can't wait to observe this bad boy firstly on the next clear night and then on the 16th

Forecast here is looking hopeful for Monday / Tuesday and it should be into + dec by then, if you haven't left for foreign parts by then :)

Dave

I'm really hoping to get a look at £0.46 during this Moon gap. The weather forecast isn't the best. Some cold clear nights due just as the Moon reclaims the darkness!

Seems a long time since I tracked down a comet. Catalina (?) rings a bell, a couple of winters ago.

Archived