Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me share this site. Right! Neebie. I now have the az gti and for the life of me I can't work out how to communicate with my windows 10 desktop and the mount.

Do I need extra cables to attach the two and if so which ones? Be grateful for any help at all....so frustrating. Shoild add I'm not very computer literate...thanks for understanding...del

8 hours ago, Del Russel said:

I now have the az gti and for the life of me I can't work out how to communicate with my windows 10 desktop and the mount.

By default, AZ-GTI creates a WiFi network you can connect to. Just connect your Windows 10, or mobile device, to "SynScan_something" network and use SynScan App.

Thanks for the replies and that part I understand. However, I never made myself very clear about the question.

What I actually mean is how to connect Windows 10 and the mount to upgrade the firmware to EQ as well. This has just lost me as my desktop is not WiFi but it does have the box via a land connection. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 hours ago, Del Russel said:

Thanks for the replies and that part I understand. However, I never made myself very clear about the question.

What I actually mean is how to connect Windows 10 and the mount to upgrade the firmware to EQ as well. This has just lost me as my desktop is not WiFi but it does have the box via a land connection. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Del,

If you email the guys at FLO, they were due in some leads to allow the mount to be connected/controlled from PC. You can also download EQMOD to control the mount to in EQ mode, once you have updated the firmware. Do a google search, there is a youtube video about showing you how to update the firmware.

I hope this helps.

John

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 06:45, Del Russel said:

Be careful. Do not connect the mount directly to your computer . The mount does have a socket (RJ12) intended for connection to a Synscan handset but you shouldn't connect anything else to it.  The AZ GTi AZ-EQ motor control firmware needs to be uploaded into the mount via the Motor Control firmware uploader (wifi version) or through a Synscan handset using the PC version. 

info starts at 5.40

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from Land Down Under

Recently updated my SynScan Handset Controller to Version 3.9 handset for Solar Viewing

Use the Skywatcher Wi-Fi adaptor as well, from my mobile phone

Which version SynScan Handset you have

Be either Version 3 or 4

John

SynScan Wi-Fi adapter.jpg..jpg

Screenshot SynScan APP.jpg

Archived