Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last nights collection

robindurant

Hi Rog

I agree with the M33. I don't really know when to stop in the processing, but I thought it was pretty. As far as guiding, it all sounds to complicated to me in my old age. I would need someone who understands my lack of technical expertise to help me. Meanwhile. I enjoy it anyway.

Robin

HI Robin,

Someones been busy :)

Make sure that you save the image at key stages int he processing workflow rember ign to change the fiklename as you go along - I usually add and abreviation each step to the end of the filename if the processign pathe splits i will often add a number eg WIP1 WIP2 etc

Keep the resolution and bit depth as high as possible for as long as possible and alwways leave some room either end of the histogram when adjsuting levels etc. once you have clipped the data then unless you have saved before hand then theres really no going back ...

When adjusting thinks lots of small steps are better than one big one...

Billy...

Hi Robin , believe me its so simple ,u will kick yourself , i will get Trudie guiding once her Obs is up and running , then feel free to ask, its so darn easy Robin, once you have it ,it will open up a huge avenue again for you and far more pleasure,

Honest

i was converted lol

by that beast Martin B EHHEHEHE

Hi Robin , believe me its so simple ,u will kick yourself , i will get Trudie guiding once her Obs is up and running , then feel free to ask, its so darn easy Robin, once you have it ,it will open up a huge avenue again for you and far more pleasure,

Honest

i was converted lol

by that beast Martin B EHHEHEHE

But all you hear on here is folk moaning about laptops that crash with the guiding software, wrong guiding stars, guiding that goes pear shaped...........I think I'll stick to my unguided stuff for the time being...:-)

Thanks Rog & Billy for your tips. I have re worked the 33 and think it is improved. The proble m is I am working with Elements 4 on my MAC ( funny colouring) as my PC with my CS2 is at the Docs. E4 is restricted, no curves and no tools. ( stop making excuses Robin)

9696_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thats better Robin,much better, as for guiding , i dont want to start a debate on it , but i have only lost my guide star once and that was cloud , if we have cloud then we cant image anyway lol .i never guided for 3 years stating i never need to , WRONG i was wrong. it puts you into a whole new world of imaging,thats all i have to say on it .

Rog

Archived