Wizard Nebula SHO

HunterHarling

Excellent - I really like the framing and the colour balance.

Not sure if you know but there is a very effective PixelMath script on the PixInsight forum for removing/reducing the magenta halos from stars. I have found it works a treat when doing SHO images.

Adrian

That really is lovely, I have just completed capturing about 7 hours of data of the same object in the same orientation and I doubt my processing will come anywhere near yours, my RC has a little tilt to rectify as well.

This was a single screen grab of the first 1200s Ha that came off as I have yet to grab my flats and process yet, but your image has given me something to try and achieve, but truthfully I doubt that mine will be anywhere near as good.

Excellent, truly excellent

670346397_NGC7380_WizardNebula.thumb.jpeg.2bafd0da4538a4ce810e609b53345802.jpeg

3 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Not sure if you know but there is a very effective PixelMath script on the PixInsight forum for removing/reducing the magenta halos from stars. I have found it works a treat when doing SHO images.

Adrian

The script is implemented in Pixinsight itself, no need to search the forum,- Script is called "Collor Mask" and does a great job with Magneta! :)

4 hours ago, Jkulin said:

That really is lovely, I have just completed capturing about 7 hours of data of the same object in the same orientation and I doubt my processing will come anywhere near yours, my RC has a little tilt to rectify as well.

This was a single screen grab of the first 1200s Ha that came off as I have yet to grab my flats and process yet, but your image has given me something to try and achieve, but truthfully I doubt that mine will be anywhere near as good.

Don't put yourself down,  your work in progress looks very promising.

What scope and camera did you use ?

Thank-you Dave, I always will be my biggest critic and there is loads wrong with it, hopefully when I start to process then can sort much of it out.

I'm using my 8" F8 RC with my Moravian G2-8300 MKII Camera.

I'll try and get my flats done this PM and then can start to put things together.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

9 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Adrian

Thanks, I'll have to try it out. 

7 hours ago, Jkulin said:

670346397_NGC7380_WizardNebula.thumb.jpeg.2bafd0da4538a4ce810e609b53345802.jpeg

Keep at it. That's very promising for a single exposure. Also, I've found if things don't look right, add more data!

Thanks, Yep I'm sure you are right, that image was just grabbed with the sniping tool, I have 10 x 1200s of Ha, 8 x 1200s of OIII and 8 x 1200s of SII, and I'm sure I am going to need more OIII and SII, I'm 3/4's of the way through my flats now that are churning away and will then combine in PI and see what is needed to make it look right.

I very much doubt that mine will come even close to how good yours looks, you really have processed that nicely.?

Archived