NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Horizon Tue 7th

DaveS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Turned over. Watching Kermode talking about SF films. Will catch up with Horizon later on iPlayer.

Got bored after 10 minutes of that, made a cup of tea now going to watch some Y'Tube videos

Dave

The Jupiter programme improved but still too much daft associations.  The whole scientific content could have been condensed into around 10-15 minutes, possibly less.  The problem I find with this type of programme is that you can't tell the difference between real images taken by spacecraft or probe and CGI.  They rarely tell you what's real and what isn't.

I didn't get to watch it when broadcast, just sat down with iPlayer 5 mins ago..... turned off when the lady told me how hard it was to get a sense of how big it is. The trailer before it started had already annoyed me tbh, oooh says I, new nature program, interesting footage - title 'Animals behaving badly'. Why oh why? 

Agree with Dave about the OU.

Prof. Cox has a new show that looks promising though, watching ep. 1 as we speak.

*edit* Not a new show at all, it's a repeat, but I missed it first time round so that's ok. So far so good.

10 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

turned off when the lady told me how hard it was to get a sense of how big it is.

Trouble is , millions of viewers now believe Jupiter is big, really big, in fact as big as a 30 tonne truck! ?

3 minutes ago, lenscap said:

Trouble is , millions of viewers now believe Jupiter is big, really big, in fact as big as a 30 tonne truck! ?

I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to Jupiter ?

Archived