Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kielder Autumn SP

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only there, left at 12 today . . . I really really hope the weather has improved, considering we left and the place was almost flooded, never stopped raining for long at all . . . . Ducks on the puddles . . . . -4 on the Wednesday night - scopes were frozen solid at half 10.

really hope it got better . . . .

Just arrived back home.

Think I've got trenchfoot.

My beer, INSIDE, the car had floating ice crystals on Saturday morning. And that was with two bodies sleeping on the front seats, due to a leaky double ground sheet !!!

blumming great fun!!

Me 'n' Allison can't wait for next year !!

Great skies Friday night, great company, great beer and great food, in no particular order

Andy.

Got back mid afternoon today...... :) It was cold on friday night with cloud banks moving quickly through. Saturday night was a bit warmer with more cloud unfortunately.

It was great though, met up with a few guys I already knew and also met some others, (Karlo, Daz and SteveL) We had a fantastic time, good banter, great food at the anglers and good beer / whisky.

Blinky got a pretty amazing image of Andromeda, looking forward to seeing the final version posted Craig! Or are you already out in the garden settin gup again?

Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend and already looking forward to the kielder spring starcamp, hope to see you allagain then.......

Gary

Back from my first Kielder and have to say that I enjoyed it all although the weather could have been better.

As well as seeing some members of our group again (Gary1968, Blinky, Dogfish, Alberio380, Starflyer) it was good to meet some other SGL members like Andrew, Karlo, Richard, Paul etc

Pity about the lack of the Kashmiri Lamb in the pub but the food was good despite the long wait for it!

Anyway, back in one piece and will certainly go again as long as SWMBO agrees tongue.gif

Cheers

Paul

Had a great time at Kielder, to say it was wet and cold would be an understatement but to see the sky from there was mindblowing to say the least. I know it was cloudy most of the time but when it did clear, WOW.

Nice to meet people from SGL, Daz, SteveL, Paxo (Steve), and Beamish.

Looking forward to the next one, possibly Kelling in the spring.

I was chatting to the landlord bloke behind the bar in the Anglers Arms and he reckoned at one point he was going through a cask of ale every 2.5 hours ...........burp.............nice................especially the Hadrian's Gladiator. Dark 'n' malty. Could've drunk that all night. Kind of did on the cloudy nights. Woops.

Andy.

Archived