Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A perfectly good observatory... in bits!!!

swag72

30 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Looks so much nicer all round than what you started with in the photo a couple of posts up.

It was really a mess from the posted image at the start.... each little shed was only suitable for a hobbit and the roof's on each were a right mish-mash of Spanish weekend engineering!! 

34 minutes ago, RayD said:

That looks absolutely amazing, Sara.  Not surprised you're happy, I'd be delighted.

What's really nice is how it all blends in and manages to still look rustic, but is brand new.  

Great job.

Just the roof now Ray :) 

The front of the building is where most of the work has been done today.... re-roofing of the 'tool shed' on the left and a new door on the right (used to be a crappy corrugated affair). Of course it wasn't a standard door size... for a 1.80m midget not a standard 2m normal person!!! A bit of tidying for us to do and some painting too...... 

Front finished.JPG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back out in 3 weeks and am going to our local fabricator Sara.  I have the same doors but in galvanised finish and had no idea they do them in white.  Much nicer and less industrial looking and definitely a must have for my little obsy.

37 minutes ago, RayD said:

I'm back out in 3 weeks and am going to our local fabricator Sara.  I have the same doors but in galvanised finish and had no idea they do them in white.  Much nicer and less industrial looking and definitely a must have for my little obsy.

These doors aren't expensive.... 70€ each

1 minute ago, swag72 said:

They're available all over....... Leroy Merlin ..... Doesn't need to be a metal fabricator

Ooh thanks, Sara.  I love a little trip to Leroy Merlin :happy11:

We are hiring a van as well this time so will pick a couple up.  I've never seen them in the white.

Just now, RayD said:

Yes know what you mean re. security.  I intend to have a reja internal to this door so this is really just aesthetics.

Good idea....... although a couple of years ago ours were jemmied off and we were burgled...... Every bit of deterrent helps :)

Just now, swag72 said:

Good idea....... although a couple of years ago ours were jemmied off and we were burgled...... Every bit of deterrent helps :)

Oh that's not nice, really sorry to hear that :sad2:

I suppose if they are determined they will get in but, as you rightly say, every bit of deterrent helps.

Typically - Nothing ever runs smoothly here. The sandwich for the roof and sides wasn't delivered by the supplier today so no roof...... But the frame is being built in the workshop.

metal work 1.jpeg

And finally..... the Roof is done and in place.... and I'm in the UK now for a week  ???

I've not seen it as Steve has just sent me a couple of photos. Tomorrow he'll paint the floor.

20180517_190030.jpg

20180517_185845.jpg

Wow Sara,

It looks fantastic and as has been comment previously, it may be brand spanking new, but it blends in seamlessly; great design and execution by the builders.

....and you decided this was the time to come back to the UK...!! Hope you pack a big pair of scissors for the return trip, to cut the ribbon for the official opening....

Cheers, Geof

4 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

That roof looks really good, Sara - I bet you can't wait to get back to try it all out!

I've got to put the kit all back together first ? more polar alignment, cabling and all the rest of the rubbish...... ?

Archived