Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A perfectly good observatory... in bits!!!

swag72

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good Sara, looks better built than my house :grin:

Shouldn't there be lots of barriers and warning notices round the pool, if someone falls in you'll be inundated with no win no fee lawyers :grin:

Can we expect an article in AN ?

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Sara, looks better built than my house :grin:

Shouldn't there be lots of barriers and warning notices round the pool, if someone falls in you'll be inundated with no win no fee lawyers :grin:

Can we expect an article in AN ?

Dave

If my builders cannot see the pool and fall in..... that's their tough luck :D There's no H&S on this site! You want to see how he balances the scaffold for the high side of the observatory :D 

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Shouldn't there be lots of barriers and warning notices round the pool, if someone falls in you'll be inundated with no win no fee lawyers

There are roadside kerbs with higher drops than this in Spain :laugh2:

Day 6 - The outside is done .... almost! There's work to be done on the roofing area behind the sheds, the sheds need their floors concreting, The electrics need to be sorted and some plumbing too. 

I'm really pleased with how it's gone today... they are back tomorrow to do most of the other bits, but the roof needs to wait to be re-tiled until the roll off roof has been done as they will need access to the roof.

Day 6 finish 1.JPG

Day 6 finish.JPG

4 minutes ago, RayD said:

That's amazing. It looks like it has always been there.  They've certainly got a march on!

Where's Wally? :happy11:

Wally has gone home and will be back tomorrow to do some more work!! :D 

37 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Have you not noticed the big grey cloud in the second pic? :) 

The way things have been here this week, if there are shadows it counts as a beautiful day :)

James

7 minutes ago, carastro said:

Excellemt  progress Sara.  Still can't visualise where the ROR is going.

Carole 

It's going from the high side of the obs across to the right as you look at the photo..... when its open it will be over the roofing area to the right of the right hand shed by the little chimney. Same as in the very first photo of my perfectly good obs??

Thanks Julian....... I have a quote now for the roof and made to fit door that is an acceptable price (one was sky high!) and so now I'm just trying to pin down the guy to come and do it 

1 minute ago, RayD said:

Have you checked above the roof of the shed, that was the last time I saw him :laugh2:

Different guy! That is the builder.... the guy doing the roof is a metal fabricator :) Although I will need the builder back to fit the door and finish the roof that the roof guy will need to walk on!

I know that some of you expressed concern about my pool in the build photo's.... Well fear not!! All is well again......only took 36 constant hours with the hosepipe to fill it up LOL!!!

Pool pic.JPG

Very nice, we could have done with one of those here this past week-end. We had our 19 year old granddaughter here for the BH and she said it was like being in a holiday villa - but without the pool....!! Oh well..... :rolleyes2:

11 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Very nice, we could have done with one of those here this past week-end. We had our 19 year old granddaughter here for the BH and she said it was like being in a holiday villa - but without the pool....!! Oh well..... :rolleyes2:

Maybe a paddling pool was the order of the day ?

10 hours ago, JamesF said:

Looks very inviting :)

James

Looks good James, but it's damn near freezing ?

6 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Looks good James, but it's damn near freezing ?

Yep know that feeling.  Started cleaning mine out ready for the summer last week, dipped a toe and thought "ah.....not yet" :icon_biggrin:

Lovely to look at though, Sara.

3 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Maybe a paddling pool was the order of the day ?

We used to have one for our kids and grandkids, which she remembered very well yesterday :smile:, but we ditched it when we moved to Norfolk 2 years ago. I offered to turn the hose on her and she was up for it calling my bluff, but I wanted to mow the grass while it was dry......

Given what it's been like here over the long weekend I'm not sure I'd care that it was cold :)

In my brewery I have a fermentation cabinet -- basically a large heavily-insulated cupboard with a heater to keep the temperature at a level where the little yeasty creatures prefer to operate.  I opened it yesterday to get some stuff out and the temperature inside went up four degrees!  On the positive side I guess that means the insulation works pretty well.

James

Archived