Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

Sometimes its hard to decide what to sell....

The only things I regret selling are cars I’ve had. But my wife says I have rose tinted glasses 

• Like 2

There are a couple of equations relating to how many 'scopes/ EP's/ filters/ cameras an astronomer needs- N+1 where N is the number of items currently owned OR S-1 where S is the number of items that will push ones significant other over the edge........

• Haha 1

I don't think I've ever sold a car - always run them into the ground or had them destroyed for me by other vehicles (including a pair of juggernauts!).  Oops - tell a lie - I did sell one car to a neighbour, as scrap.  I had had so much trouble with it I just couldn't take any more.  He repaired it and applied TLC and was very happy with it.  I was quite satisfied and happy for him - I was well shot of it!!

• Like 1

Don't sell anything, give it away! :D

We'll take really good care of it for you. :)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bingevader said:

Don't sell anything, give it away! :D

We'll take really good care of it for you. :)

You are all heart, what a good deed for the day you are offering.

Sainthood awaits you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2018 at 22:53, carastro said:

I had a previous ETX125 for planetary imaging and decided I was so useless at imaging planets I wasn't going to do it any more and sold it.  But then got lulled into doing it again.

I had an A4 EL panel for my 200PDS, sold the 200PDS and then sold the panel as well.  Now I have a 130PDS and need the A4 panel again.  Duh!!!

I sold a new Atik314L because I found the FOV jump from a DSLR too much of a shock and then bought an Atik383L instead.  About 18 months later I decided I needed a smaller camera for the smaller targets, and re-bought an Atik314L but this time a second hand one.

I think that is all.  I am now a bit more cautious before I sell stuff.

Carole 

That's quite a list of 'seller's regret'. I have to admit that selling something is a sure-fire way for subsequently finding a use for it. My "Two year" rule was once a "One year" rule.

On 3/16/2018 at 22:56, tooth_dr said:

The only things I regret selling are cars I’ve had. But my wife says I have rose tinted glasses 

I think you mean "magenta filtered lenses". :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ama Noody said:

I think you mean "magenta filtered lenses". :D

H alpha :happy7:

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

H alpha :happy7:

I was going to write "Narrow banded" but I didn't want to cause offence. :D

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2018 at 13:06, carastro said:

SW130PDS (currently using this a  lot from home, not been brave enough to take it to camp yet -concerns about dew)

I don't get dew problems with mine. I have a dew shield about 14" long made out of rolled up camp mat and lined with black velour paper.

I find it difficult to attach a dew shield like yours (you showed me in a previous thread) and also be able to use the Bahtinov mask.  Also the focusser gets in the way.  

Carole 

13 hours ago, carastro said:

I find it difficult to attach a dew shield like yours

I cut it a bit on the small size and stretch in the mat means it is a push fit, I only push it on as far as the four spider screws, so it's easy to pop it off for focusing.

A few yrs ago i was given a Celestron SkyScout for Christmas. Brand new at the time and cost 600 euros (i know, right!!!!!!!!!!!). A few months later i sold it for the princely sum of 70 euros.

Man, those things really dont hold their value.