Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

Grant

SGL Mini Spring Star Party

Davey-T    9,952
10 hours ago, solarboy said:

Is there eletric hook up

EHU available but bring a long lead as mine only just reached last time.

Dave

AstroGnome    89

There are plenty of electric hook ups (not on every pitch though so make sure to ask for one when you book) and the toilets are quite nice. I'm quite looking forward to it. Been there so often now it's a bit like a home from home.

• Like 2

kev100    277

Hi all, 

I'm really looking forward to this, but will have to hold off on booking it till closer to the time. 

Be great to meet you all there.

Kev.

• Like 1

Tim    2,867

Hopefully will be able to make it, but have a bit of a family situation at the moment which will take priority.

If we can go, will take our 18" Dob. Happy to share @Jonk and anybody.

Just not sure whether to book up or not yet, so hanging fire for a week or so to see how things settle out.

• Like 2

25585    512

I may go. 1hr 30 mins from where I live according to Google. Depends on pets' & my health. Could be a commute for 2nd day/night.

Never been to any observing community activity before. Can you drive right up to the observing site?

Davey-T    9,952
9 minutes ago, 25585 said:

I may go. 1hr 30 mins from where I live according to Google. Depends on pets' & my health. Could be a commute for 2nd day/night.

Never been to any observing community activity before. Can you drive right up to the observing site?

You can park outside then maybe a hundred yard walk, the gates were locked at night last time I was  there which I guess wouldn't matter if you planned on staying all night.

Dave

25585    512
18 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

You can park outside then maybe a hundred yard walk, the gates were locked at night last time I was  there which I guess wouldn't matter if you planned on staying all night.

Dave

I have a 4x4 so could easily cope with off road terrain. Sleep in the car.

Dave1    175

I would definitely like to come to this! Right on my door step. Would be rude not to!

Starflyer    110

I really wish I could make it to this event, I've loved this site when I've stayed on it in the past.  I'll be looking forward to reports and photos.

Have a cracking time guys, clear skies!

Ian

newtyng5    42

I booked for Kielder back in October. And it's on the same dates :( . Shame I woulda loved to have gone, the last SGL was Proper Bo! Have fun , and see you all in October.