SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL Mini Spring Star Party

Grant

The main star party isn't until October and the booking form will go up in the next month or so, dates have already been announced: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/301793-sgl-2018-save-the-dates/

To tide us over, we have put together a smaller, mini star party in Salisbury for the 16th - 18th March 2018.

Being a mini one, there will be no talks, workshops, bring and buy sale, catering or the tea tent. It's very much a 'turn up and lets do some astronomy' type affair.

Prices per night are: £10 per adult, £2 per child and electric £3.50.

Campsite details can be found here: http://www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk/

Bookings: Please book directly with the campsite and mention you are with 'Stargazers Lounge'. The campsite are currently on holiday until the 2nd February, so bookings won't open until then.

If you plan on coming, please let us know in this thread.

Look forwards to seeing some of you there!

Cheers,

Grant

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be rude not to given that I'm only about 14 miles away as the crow flies.

We had a brief summary by Bob Mizon from the Commission for Dark Skies (CfDS) at the Fordingbridge Astronomers meeting last night telling us what the Sky Quality Meter readings were just up the road at Larmer Tree Gardens. Can't remember what they were off the top of my head, but they were good.

Looking forward to it.

Ade

Hi Daz,

Glad to see that you are getting a mini SGL party together. Unfortunately, I will be at Scotland's Premier Galloway Star Party at Drumroanin Campsite from St Patrick's Day 17 March for 11  nights.

Had you picked February I might have been interested. 

Needless to say I wish you and the attendees clear skies....

Cheers

Adrian

On 17/01/2018 at 11:07, Demonperformer said:

But that 14 miles is a long way when you no longer drive ... so sorry, won't be there.

Surely someone could give you a lift if you are that close??

5 minutes ago, Jonk said:

I'm about an hour from salisbury, could I turn up if clear skies and "do some astronomy", but not book a pitch, i.e drive home and not sleep on site?

I don't think this would work as moving cars around after dark is going to be frowned upon and there are no communal areas planned so you would need a pitch to setup on.

2 minutes ago, Jonk said:

Ok understood, I'll have a think about it as I could park away from the camp and trek down, travelling light!

I can ask the owners if this is ok with you?

Of course :) No objections from us at all!

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:16, Jonk said:

I'm about an hour from salisbury, could I turn up if clear skies and "do some astronomy", but not book a pitch, i.e drive home and not sleep on site?

I seem to recall there are gates that were locked at night John but there was a car park by the church, don't know if that was accessible after hours, have a look on Google maps.

I'm going so be good to see you.

Dave

39 minutes ago, Stephen Green said:

We would like to come Stephen and Caroline

Hi Stephen, be good to see you both, just be aware that it's mainly grass, quite long and wet last time so bring your wellies.

Dave

Archived