Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

brianmichael

hello to everyone,just thought I would introduce myself,I been visiting your site for a few months and now I thought I should join.I am a complete and utter novice even though I am 50 years old I have always loved looking into the night sky .My main hobby is fishing and I have spent the last thirty years night fishing in some of the darkest places in the uk .wales ,the lake district and scotland and have spent many many nights reclined back in my chair and viewing the night sky through my binoculars, so I thought its about time I found out what I am looking at .I have a second hand 6 inch refractor and a 11 inch celestron which my family bought me for my 50th birthday a case of good equipment and no talent .at the moment Im just learning how to use the refractor I drive into darkest wales when the skies clear and I absolutely love it

brianmichael

Warm welcome to SGL Brian. We have a number of Welsh members who will be along to welcome you soon. Nice pair of instruments you have, and I wish some one would buy ne an 11! Celestron. :laughing2:

This forum is packed with people willing to help, so if you need any, just ask away.

Ron. :smiley:

welcome to the forum brain,

i think you must have the best if not the strangest hobby to go with astronomy :smiley: ,

night fishing? never really heard of that before what are you after when you fish at night? breakfast?

welcome to the forum

ally

Archived