Hello from New Zealand

kiwigazer

Kia ora (Maori for hello)

Greetings from the South Pacific, this is a great site and I am pleased to be part of the community.

I observe from the suburbs of Wellington which is the capital city, located at the southern end of the North Island, roughly latitude 41 south, longitude 174 east.

I have a 150mm Sky-Watcher Newtonian on a EQ3, 127mm Sky-Watcher Maksutov-Cassegrain on SynScan mount and a pair of Meade 10x50 binoculars.

I have been interested in astronomy since I was a child, been mostly a casual observer through my adulthood and starting now to get back into more regular observing.

I look forward to tapping into the wealth of experience here and can hopefully be of assistance to others

Cheers

Patrick

Welcome Patrick,

I remember the beautiful skies from NZ, the milky way simply shouts at you :-) 

I have found this site an invaluable source of help and knowledge, people are very happy to share here.

Enjoy the hobby

Cheers

Vern

Hi Partick and welcome to the SGL.

Like you I've loved astronomy since I was a kid and am also fairly new around here. It's a great place to hang out, pick up tips and have those niggling questions answered!

Jeremy

Hi Pat from across the ditch

If you make it across the ditch, come along to one of our club nights

We do have a member who lives South Island, who is part of our BOSS team

Supernova searchers

Link is on our website to BOSS

Back in June, club co-hosted Starstuff 2017 at Byron Bay

Link to event and after party   https://starstuff.com.au/

Planning is already commenced for 2018

John

Archived