NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Melotte 15

Rodd

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Astroscot2 said:

Very nice, what are the exposure details ?

Mark

20 30 min Ha and 12 30 min OIII.  TOA 130 and STT-8300.  Now the Moon is coming around again so may have to wait for the rest of the OIII.  Maybe I'll start the SII

Rodd

2 minutes ago, Mognet said:

For something you describe as 'experimental', that's a great image

Thanks Mognet.  I usually don't have much luck with bicolored images.  I didn't know what to expect, and found the processing a bit frustrating.  The reds are a bit on the pink side for me, but  I am more pleased than I thought I would be.

Rodd

43 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Nice work Rodd.  I particularly like the Hubble palette version.

Thanks Barry--I was inspired by your image on DSO Browser.  I did not get the rich golds that you did however.  Color is a tricky thing.  I don't do much color manipulation--SCNR for green--that's about it.  maybe some minor histogram tweaks.  In this case I think I did bump up the blue and its on the verge of being too much. I usually go with what the Channel Combination tool produces--which is never the classic Hubble palate!  Here's a version with a synthetic luminance composed of all 47 subs inserted as a luminance channel instead of the Ha stack, which is what I usually do.  The idea was the central cork screw and arch structures contain allot of SII, so why not enhance them with more than just Ha. 

SLSHO-1scnr-ds-g4.thumb.jpg.7b02dd3cef378707d91b7c9468741c57.jpg

1 hour ago, Filroden said:

Another great image. Particularly the last one. I can almost feel myself falling into the image it has such depth.

Thanks Ken.  It is amazing what fine details our scopes can pick up.

Rodd

Archived