Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

95 frame animation of AR2665 over 1 hour in H-Alpha

Iainp

Seeing was "bad" at 9.00 this morning, and sank to "diabolical" over the next 2 hours. I seriously thought there was something wrong with the focusing mechanism towards the end, as sharp images proved impossible, at which point I gave up. Thank goodness for ImPPG , which can pull so much out of rubbish data!  Here's the big prom from an earlier part of the session, then the animation. 

Iain 

8th1s.jpg

8thgif1.gif

Amazing detail and processing!

Was out a good couple of hours today and enjoyed it. In my head my images were going to look like that, after an hour on laptop, they don't lol.

If you don't mind, how the heck do you get the prom one to look like that? Mine all look like washed out bland orange coloured **** ('cuse the French)

Thanks

adam. 

Spectacular Iain, as always. I also find focusing a huge challenge when seeing is bad. I sometimes have the impression that the optical train is loose and sliding out of focus. But its just the seeing conditions...

-charles

19 hours ago, cshahar said:

I also find focusing a huge challenge when seeing is bad

Thanks guys. Charles, I learned from you that re-focusing can be done regularly during filming, which is a great help in these circumstances! 

23 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

If you don't mind, how the heck do you get the prom one to look like that? Mine all look like washed out bland orange coloured

And thank you Adam, I use the curves template suggestion in Michael's tutorial at the top of this forum (A short guide to my solar image processing: from raw data to single pane) . I can give more detail on my own workflow if it helps?

Iain 

Archived