Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Snow on the way....brrrr

Guest telescope4u

Guest telescope4u

Well it looks like stargazing will be very limited this week. According to the forecasts we have loads of cloud and some snow on the way.

Who'll be first to get it?

Or should I ask, who is receiving new equipment this week? :lol:

Nice and sunny here too (makes a change). No observing tonight 'though, am off (with 2 friends) down to Ayr Astro Soc to hear a talk on debunking the Apollo 11 myths (ie never went to moon, all fake etc). Should be fun. Almost hope it is cloudy here tonight - as I can't listen to the talk and have the 'scope out at the same time - still, shouldn't be selfish - someone might want a clear dark sky near Glasgow.

Tom

I am typing this quietly incase the cloud God hears, but I have fairly clear skies today, with just the odd period of broken cloud. Here's hoping for tonight. Don't let on folks, please. :laugh: :laugh:

nabban

Well it looks like stargazing will be very limited this week. According to the forecasts we have loads of cloud and some snow on the way.

Who'll be first to get it?

Or should I ask, who is receiving new equipment this week? :laugh:

24th now Damien still no actual snow yet here in leeds well I live just about 4miles from it on a hill about 500feet above sea level where as the city itself is mainly a valley checked again on weather reports online we are still going to get some it say but nothing spectacular

We had snow for about 4 hours yesterday morning... Nothing overnight and then it snowed for around 10 minutes this morning and now we have to most amazing blue sky.

According to the BBC weather tonight is supposed to be clear, so I also chekced metcheck - who said 98% cloudy on the Astronomy page but... wait for it... wait for it.... 2% cloudy on the fishing page!!!!

2% cloud is more in line with what the BBC said for tonight!

Wonder which part of metcheck is going to be right for tonight?

It's the eternal battle between the Fishing forcast and the Astronomy forcast :laugh:

Ant

FISHING FISHING FISHING !!!

:laugh:

Archived