Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Paging The Dob Mob...

@Racey thanks for the feedback, I've got some updates to add but haven't had chance yet.

Thoroughly enjoying the renovation and frantically re-learning my long forgotten GCSE woodworking skills.

Good luck with finding someone local.

Ade

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!  That's an impressive instrument - will take a bit more shifting than mine - or will you leave it in-situ with a cover?  It looks the same finish as my OTA - is it a Skywatcher?  Hope you have fun using it.

1 minute ago, JOC said:

Wow!  That's an impressive instrument - will take a bit more shifting than mine - or will you leave it in-situ with a cover?  It looks the same finish as my OTA - is it a Skywatcher?  Hope you have fun using it.

It is indeed a Skywatcher @JOC. Dan's done quite a bit of tinkering, upgrading the secondary to a 1/10 pv wave secondary, focuser, bearings, collimation knobs... The list goes on.

It's pretty easy to shift in 2 bits single handedly. But with Susie's assistance it's easier. So it'll get moved around and set up each time we use it. It also fits in the X5 comfortably too for trips to dark sites...

Last night we shifted it a couple of times with the OTA mounted on the Dob base with us taking a handle each... (Despite being diminutive, Susie's a trooper !! :icon_salut:)

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks like there is a ready made 'obsy' to pop it in :) 

Enjoy!

I have broached the subject of that Stu... It didn't make it onto the agenda for any form of discussion... :rolleyes2:

1 hour ago, Racey said:

Thanks to those who provided guidance to us recently. In particular (@estwing, @faulksy, @Saganite, @Scoot and @Stu). It was appreciated hugely...

As a consequence of extensive research and being put in touch with @Daniel-K Susie and I are now the proud custodians of his highly upgraded 14" :thumbsup:

IMG_8769.thumb.JPG.51e28ae466d527460749d5e58facd729.JPG

Oh, look! It comes with dogs and everything!

:icon_biggrin:

Nice one, Simon.

2 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Oh, look! It comes with dogs and everything!

:icon_biggrin:

Nice one, Simon.

And a supply of Campfire Gin & 1724 Tonic !!

Essential for any successful night under the stars...

7 minutes ago, estwing said:

Always happy to help someone into the wonderful world of Dob!...you seamed to have a better Dob Church than the mob too!...clear skies, Calv.

Appreciated none the less. I hope paths cross at some point. Be good to meet after all the stories I've heard from Mike and Dan !! ?

2 hours ago, Racey said:

Appreciated none the less. I hope paths cross at some point. Be good to meet after all the stories I've heard from Mike and Dan !! ?

hahaha....and you still want to meet up!....welcome to the Dob mob

10 minutes ago, estwing said:

hahaha....and you still want to meet up!....welcome to the Dob mob

I'm already planning on upping my Vodka and Chilli consumption in readiness... ?

I do still have some old Mongolian Vodka stashed away from my overland motorcycle trip there a few years back... 

I'll get practicing :thumbsup:

Archived