Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all, Brand newbie

mrmagoo

Hi all, Pat here from Perth, Scotland. 60 years young.  Brand new to yet another hobby, Bought my first scope ( Used  one from gumtree locally ) yesterday and was blown by my first look at the moon last night. Few issues with it which I will ask about in the correct  forum as no instructions with the scope and first one I have ever held. looking forward to viewing some more weather permitting, Have to pick your brains about a few things I am not sure about so be patient, 

Welcome, good job getting a view of the moon on your first go.  Often the first attempt with a scope that has no instructions draws a complete blank, they are surprisingly complicated bits of kit.

2 minutes ago, D4N said:

Welcome, good job getting a view of the moon on your first go.  Often the first attempt with a scope that has no instructions draws a complete blank, they are surprisingly complicated bits of kit.

Good old Youtube helped a lot with basic setting up.

7 minutes ago, davehawkins said:

Welcome to the forum. If you google instruction manual for and scope make and model you can often get a PDF version of it.

Thanks dave, Found the PDF file for scope, Have saved for reference , Part missing from scope so will track down replacement .

laudropb, when I was viewing moon on the 20mm finder piece it was realy clear, Way better than I expected, ( like kid at Xmas ) When i used the other lens that came with scope _ 10mm and 6mm possil it was just a bright blur and could not focus. 

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome. Cloud has stopped play this week, Living in Scotland where we can usually expect 365 days off sunshine and clear evening skies,( No wait, Its 365 minutes )  Still reading forum, gaining knowledge ,  And finding my way around the scope, The hardest bit for me has been the technical jargon used, Never heard of some off the words used and confusing confusing me at times. Graham, Not just me then, Jaw dropping , Next thing that caught me by surprise was constantly adjusting  chasing to moon across the night sky, Never realized how fast it moves as you view through the Scope.  Looking at buying a 2x barlow  lens, and the fine adjuster knob/cable that was missing when i bought the Scope. Again thank you all. Pat.

Archived