Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi All, Newbie here

spaceman spiff

:wave: Just to say hello.

I hail from Poulton Le Fylde, 5 minute drive from Blackpool sea front, 45 minute drive into the Lake District, can't wait to get my T.Scope to the top of Kirkstone Pass

Bought my first serious (I think so anyway) T.Scope for years, have been interesetd in the night sky for more years than I care to mention :oops: but that's all it was a passing interest. Only got more keen these last couple of months, took me that long to decide on which to buy, finally got one the other week. Settled for the Explorer 130pm, mind you only been able to use it once just to make sure all was ok, lousy weather since :hello2:

Hobbies also include: Sublimation Printing (Printing on Ceramic Mugs, Key Rings, Mousemats, Placemats etc)

Computer Graphics (I try anyway)

printing with Cutter/Plotter - I make vynil lettering, Peel Offs, and my better half's Chocolate Boxes she hand makes Belgian Chocolates, which she sells at Craft Fairs throughout the year

So hope to speak soon, and look forward to it

Almost forgot a silly sense of humour hence the Spaceman Spiff and Picture :clouds1:

Pete

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pete, welcome to SGL.

I'm heading over to the lakes myself this weekend - friend of mine has the use of a victorian hunting lodge which apparently Kaiser Bill used to visit prior to becoming exceptionally unwelcome around 1914. I'll look for you at the top of Kirkstone cos the weather is going to be fan-flamin-tastic.

Positive mental attitude is the key....

Rick

Hi All :wave:

Thanks for the welcomes

Steppenwolfe - excellent music from the Moody blues, have most of thier albums (I think :hello2: ) some on vynil some CD, but am replacing the vynil ones, some transferring to cd one or two having to buy because they are scratched.

Minataur. wont be going to Kirkstone just yet, from your avatar do you have a motorbike. Used to have a Honda CX500, would have loved the Turbo version. Haven't got my bike now though :crybaby:

Periscope. What I like most about the Hills of the Lakes at night is when the sky is clear the views are tremendous. But as you probably know, never under estimate the frailties of the Lake district weather

Look forward to making new friends and picking up valuble tips from you all

Speak soon

Pete

Hello and welcome Pete. The Border Astro Society usually visit Whinlatter Pass once a year, to give the visitors to the centre there a look through scopes at the night sky.

If the weather is Carp, then it's usually slide shows and a couple of talks on Astronomical subjects.

They always go down well. Never viewed from Honister Pass, must give it a try.

Ron. :hello2:

Pete, yes I'm very pleased to report that I have a 2007 Repsol Fireblade (complete nutcase of a bike) and a 1997 CBR900RR Fireblade track bike which recently got a good thrashing round Croft racing circuit near Darlington.

Nice to meet a fellow biker - even if you don't currently have a bike, it's in your blood.

Not convinced that biking and astronomy will be very comfortable bedfellows - mentally pictures a Fireblade with a scope bungee'd to it :shock:

Rick

Hi Minotaur

I don't know. would be an interesting sight. If stopped by the nick nicks, could always use the excuse it's for a better view of the road ahead, road safety in mind 'n' all that :laughing2:

Nice bikes but to low down for me, I'm the boring type that likes the sit up and beg , Pan European style

If you go to my website there are some bikes I can put on mugs etc it's I haven't put it in my profile as it's not astro related

Pete

Archived