Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skytee 2 extension bar

Knighty2112

2 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

I can fit three 5kg weights on the bar on mine, how much weight do you need?! 

Actually you can use the bar from an EQ5 or CG5 etc... (Any of the GP clones I think), its longer and should sfrew straight in.

I am using a dual mount holder from the top mount to hold both Celestron Omni 120mm f8.3 & SKywatcher Startravel 120mm f5 fracs. When near zenith it needs more weight to wind it down. Currently I need to push it up to assist it. Just going to order some more weights to fit, but wondered if there was any extension bar that doesn't cost the earth that might fit if I need to balance it better by sliding the weights out further along the bar. 

5 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

I just use a length of threaded steel rod and a couple of nuts of interweb. 

That way you can cut exactly what you need. 

Onve balanced. It is a lovely mount.

Paul

What thread is it for the bar? Might source a tap and die set to cut one if needed. Someone mentioned a Geoptik bar in another thread I read, but the price for the bar was a ridiculous amount. 

10 minutes ago, moriniboy said:

Have you thought about converting it to a 3 saddle version, then the scopes counterbalance each other.

P1040666.JPG

Yes, I've seen that. Might be an option I might try. Just ordered a large counter weight from Astroboot to add to my existing weights on the Skytee 2 mount. If that still doesn't balance things out I'll give this a go. Thanks! :) 

Archived