Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First night out with SkyTee 2

John P

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

After struggling with an EQ5 (no matter how I tried, my brain just could not get to grips with it), I finally had control over my 'scope and could point it exactly where I wanted to within seconds. For purely visual observing, it is fantastic. Just plonk it down and away you go. I went outside and was observing less than two minutes later. It handles my Evostar 120 with ease, and is rock solid.

I can see many years of pleasurable observing in my future now :grin:

Two of my observing buddies have these, they are a pleasure to use eh?

So simple, easy to use, and rock steady.

Once the balance is spot on, and you loosen the axis it's like a Dob, push and go.

I wonder why they even bother with the slo-mo controls you don't need em, wonderfully smooth with hand alone.

As a massive Dob fan I have to say these are close, very close. I very nearly bought one. :) The only thing stopping me......I'm a skinflint :D

Thats really interesting to hear. I can work my eq5, but I really don't like it much. I'm pretty much a visual only observer so I think SkyTee might be the way to go... . How does it compare to something like a gibralter mount?

Also, has anyone fit an extention pier to a skytee - if so, how and what would I need?

Yes you can fit an extension pillar to the Skytee 2 as it's a standard EQ5/HEQ5 fitting. Rather expensive though and adds a lot of weight. I used one with my Skytee 2 for a little while but got rid of it.

http://www.widescree...n_for_EQ5_.html

You can also use the SkyWatcher HEQ5 pillar with the Skytee 2.

My favourite is the Berlbach tripod but they're not exactly cheap :eek:

Last but not least there is also a lot of modding potential with this mount (Skytee 2 in EQ mode with Synscan GOTO). :evil6:

John

post-1876-0-43850900-1343080246_thumb.jp post-1876-0-87253700-1343080255_thumb.jp post-1876-0-02817500-1343080271_thumb.jp

Archived