Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Setting Up Headless Raspberry Pi 3 for INDI Focuser

Gina

1 hour ago, Gina said:

The original error is probably from the same cause further back, maybe all the way to Debian on which all these forks are based. 

This is a discussion of a similar error message ('amd64' rather than '*-*') on debian. It's all pretty much 'jargon' to me atm, but it may shed some light on the issue?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tekkydave said:

Depends :) 

If it is an earlier version of Jessie then it will upgrade to the latest.

If it is an earlier release (e.g. Wheezy) then it will only update as far as the final updates for that release.

Clever Analogy :D :  If you had Windows 7 then it wouldn't apply Windows 10 updates.

It's just a few months earlier version of Jessie.  2016-05-27-raspbian-jessie.img

Cheers Dave :)  Right then - back to square one :D  Micro SD in USB card reader and latter plugged into desktop.  Image file written to micro SD card, swapped over to RPi and RPi powered up :)

Ran PuTTY, connected to RPi (same IP address) logged in, expanded filesystem and changed PW using sudo raspi-config as before.

Next to update and upgrade and reboot again.  sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade and sudo reboot.  Working...

Installed dependences, downloaded latest daily build and now to the rest.  First to copy downloaded file to RPi with FileZilla...

$ tar -xzf libindi_1.2.0_rpi.tar.gz
$ cd libindi_1.2.0_rpi
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb

OH NO!!!  SAME ERROR!

Looks like there is some mismatch of version numbers but where, now and how to fix it is something else!!

I have a working system in my all sky camera Mk 5 on an 8GB micro SD card so I could just copy the image to another card.  It's just that I wanted to show that a working system could be set up from scratch and how to do it.  Well... in that I've failed!!

OK, this is where I am really struggling to find a way forward, so bear with me.

From your print in post#3070013, it looks as if the module that was 'skipped' is called fliusb-1.3. If this module is showing up in your result from the dpkg-query, with 'i' at the start of the line, doesn't that mean that it actually has been installed, despite the 'error' produced when the installation was running? And, if that is the case, can't you just proceed with the next step of the installation?

I know, my windoze indoctrination is showing ...

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

That's the command to make the changes equivalent to the latest version.

and even if you don't want to do this you have to do the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-kernel

to update the kernel to fix the dirty cow vulnerability.

38 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Like Dave, <clutches at straws>, but at least he seems to know what he is talking about!

Don't you believe it. I made a 20 year career in the enterprise database sector by appearing to "know what he's talking about" :laugh2:

30 minutes ago, ringz said:

That's the command to make the changes equivalent to the latest version.

and even if you don't want to do this you have to do the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-kernel

to update the kernel to fix the dirty cow vulnerability.

I wouldn't have thought

would affect Jessie as it is already the current version.

I'm giving up on this for now :BangHead:   May give it another go sometime later if I feel so inclined.

I have a 16GB micro SD card and I'm going to copy my working RPi/INDI/Astroberry card image from the all sky camera onto that.  I shall then be able to move on and build the rest of the box and wiring for the main imaging rig with power connector, fuses and other bits.

The Pi has a built in function for SD card copying now, just in case you didn't notice. It's under the accessories menu item. Just bung the card you want to copy to into a USB device.

I've only ever used it once and it seemed to work okay. It was to a card of the same capacity as the original though.

Archived