Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter

FLO

These new Lynx Astro EQDIR USB adapters enable convenient direct connection of Sky-watcher mounts to your laptop.

They use the more sophisticated FTDI chipset for reliable performance across all versions of Windows and, because each cable has a unique chipset ID, if you unplug the adapter then plug it back into the same computer, even if on a different physical USB port, the COM port number remains the same. 

We have taken this opportunity to also specify higher quality plugs. I.e. the RJ45 plug has a rubber cowl that prevents it snagging and the DSUB plug has thumbscrews so is easy to secure. The point where the cable fits the plugs has also been improved for more strength and to prevent moisture running down the cable into the plug. 

And we quality control each and every one at our premises prior to dispatch :smile:

Details like these make a difference. 

Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for Sky-Watcher EQ5 PRO, HEQ5 Syntrek & PRO, AZ EQ5-GT, AZ EQ6-GT and EQ8 Mounts

lynx_astro_eqdir_rj45_cable.jpg

Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for Sky-Watcher EQ6 or NEQ6 Syntrek & PRO Mounts

lynx_astro_eqdir_dsub_cable.jpg

58 minutes ago, Tiny Small said:

Does this mean that my replacement will be one of these when it's sent out? The hitech astro one lasted about 2 weeks and I'm currently using a borrowed cable, which isn't ideal.

Yes, of course :smile:

Your HitecAstro cable has been upgraded to the new Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR cable, so too has every EQDIR backorder :angel:

The new cable arrived this morning and the old one is now in the return post. The new cable really does look much sturdier with the weather sealing and chunkier parts. I have to say, I am beyond impressed with the service you guys have provided :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Tiny Small said:

The new cable arrived this morning and the old one is now in the return post. The new cable really does look much sturdier with the weather sealing and chunkier parts. I have to say, I am beyond impressed with the service you guys have provided :thumbsup:

Thank-you, it is good to hear you are pleased :smile: 

After yet another Windows 10 update mucked up the Prolific driver, I finally had had enough and have invested in one of these - came today, is up and running tonight.  Another happy customer :smiley:

Yesterday my laptop got it's Win 10 anniversary update and last night I discovered it had trashed the Prolific driver.  After faffing about uninstalling and reinstalling and getting nowhere I found Skipper Billy's thread in Discussions-Software which pointed out the problem.   I was about to look at the Astronomiser site for a new cable but saw this thread and headed for FLO instead.

One cable ordered!

John

On 25/10/2016 at 13:14, FLO said:

We are keen people try these new adapters soon so are offering 20% discount until 1st November :smile: 

To claim the discount please use the code 'lynxastroeqdir' when at the Checkout page. 

too late to the party again...:happy8:

2 hours ago, spillage said:

too late to the party again...:happy8:

I was fortunate to buy one with the discount and I am very pleased with it. Unlike some people I did not have an issue with Win 10 & the Prolific chipset, but occasionally had the Com port randomly change when trying to connect to the mount.

When I first got the FTDI USB adaptor I initially tried it plugged straight into my laptop. I only had to check device manager for the correct COM port being assigned. I then plugged the adaptor into my power hub, again it just worked - no problem. Would certainly recommend. It is certainly well put together.

FLO strikes again :hello2:

I'm a bit late posting here but the service from FLO was awesome. Ordered it just after 4pm one day and it arrived the next, I even forgot to add the discount code in my haste. I opened a ticket and explained my mistake and Lisa (FLO) arranged for the difference to be credited to the Paypal account, thanks Guys  !

As for the cable I was only able to do a quick test but all the indications are that the issues that plagued me with the other driver will not be an issue here. This will save me a lot frustrating time when setting up and hence I can crack on - not that I've had much time for that but I can dream.

• 5 months later...

Archived