Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

U235 Processing Workshop 2016

Uranium235

Apologies for the lateness in getting this one posted, as there has been a slight delay in fixing a time and location for the event.

This year, there are a couple of new subject to tackle - one of which is quite new (and from what im aware of... unique) and should prove useful to those who cannot afford (or justify) the cost of Pixinsight for DBE. The subjects covered this year will be:

1) Vignetting removal using Photoshop pixel math (poor mans DBE)

2) Gradient removal using Photoshop Pixel math

3) Stitching and processing of mosaics (complete A-Z process including Star reduction, contrast and sharpening)

Time: TBA (sometime on Saturday afternoon I hope)

Requirements: Photoshop (any version that has "calculations"), Noels Actions, MS ICE (or Maxim DL)

Duration: Approximately two hours

Places available:  6 or 7 (as I have my young boy to keep half an eye on at the same time)

Please use this thread to sign up, or to post any questions.

See you there! :)

Session now full

Attendees so far:

Ibbo

Anne S

cjdawson

Davey-T

DaveS

MichaelMorris

Jonk

reddoss

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Rob just to let you know that I went to Lucksall this morning and I can confirm that the TV has a HDMI input. They confirmed that we can use the cafe and TV for workshops. Hope to see you on Friday.

Thanks Mark, thats good news :)  I can set my lappy up to clone the displays just so everyone can see what Im doing in more detail.

Really like to join you Rob as last time was excellent, ATM I'm waiting for a new battery for my processing laptop and got fingers crossed it will turn up on time otherwise I'll have to sit at the back and watch.

Dave

20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Really like to join you Rob as last time was excellent, ATM I'm waiting for a new battery for my processing laptop and got fingers crossed it will turn up on time otherwise I'll have to sit at the back and watch.

Dave

No prob mate. Btw, you can get your lappy working simply by removing the battery and going on mains power alone. The only downside to that is if you unplug it... ;)

Just now, Uranium235 said:

No prob mate. Btw, you can get your lappy working simply by removing the battery and going on mains power alone. The only downside to that is if you unplug it... ;)

Thanks Rob, I've had to take it to bits to remove the battery and hoping the new one shows up in time, if not I'll stick it back together minus battery, is there somewhere to plug in in the cafe, should I bring an extension lead ?

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks Rob, I've had to take it to bits to remove the battery and hoping the new one shows up in time, if not I'll stick it back together minus battery, is there somewhere to plug in in the cafe, should I bring an extension lead ?

Dave

Im hoping there is somewhere to plug in becuase I will need it for my monitor as I cant process on my laptop due to the backlight giving inaccurate results.

2 hours ago, Jonk said:

I'll join you please - as long as the GP qualifying is allowed on at 6! (Ch4).

If I can can reception, should be able to watch quay on the telly in my van. And the race too.  (If the big screen is not available)

26 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I'd be along, but The only software I have on that list is Maxim DL.

PS, When I read the thread title I wondered if lead shielding would be provided :eek: :confused: :D !

Youre in mate :)

Maxim will be covered just as a side note as it is not essential for the workshop, but it does have a mosaic and pixel math facility.

17 hours ago, reddoss said:

Me to please. Really enjoyed the last one you gave at SGL 11.

PS I have finally worked out how to use the 'smart Pad' on my laptop, so will not need to leave the session to find a mouse!!!!

Yours is the last place mate :) 

Session now full!

31 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Youre in mate :)

Maxim will be covered just as a side note as it is not essential for the workshop, but it does have a mosaic and pixel math facility.

Thanks Rob. I'll be there.

Archived