NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New EP bag

Knighty2112

Decided it was time to get some form of bag/case for my numerous EP's so that when I use them outside in the cold then they can be all nice and snug in a bag until I need to use them to keep any dew off them, and not also potentially fall off from the telescope tray at all. Found this bag from fleabay which didn't cost the earth, and holds all but one of my EP's (which is a 2" Meade 5000 68 degree 40mm which is ginormous!). Arrived today, so managed to fit all my EP's and barlows in the bag too. Got plenty of foam padding inside, so should keep them all nice and well. If it is clear tonight I'll give it its first outing outdoors! :)

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

Nice one. The only watch out is that the bag could act as an insulator and causing fogging of the lenses for the first 10-15 minutes of a session if you take the bag straight out into the cold from a warm house.

I keep my EPs in a foam filled Ali case in the garage and I open the lid half an hour before observing to give the EPs temperature time to equalise with the outside air..

Dave

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Nice one. The only watch out is that the bag could act as an insulator and causing fogging of the lenses for the first 10-15 minutes of a session if you take the bag straight out into the cold from a warm house.

I keep my EPs in a foam filled Ali case in the garage and I open the lid half an hour before observing to give the EPs temperature time to equalise with the outside air..

Dave

The bag will be kept in a cool room in the house (radiator doesn't work there) as all my scopes are, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I'll make sure I do as you say just to let it breath a little before I use them outside. With the Goto set up I'm currently using it takes about 10 to 15mims mins or so to fully get set up, so I'll put the bag out first to cool down fully before I do the mount. :) 

1 minute ago, John said:

Looks good :icon_biggrin:

If the foam / bag retains some warmth that should help keep the eyepieces just above the outside temperature which should prevent misting up.

Hopefully John. That's the plan. Also, it will stop me having to make four of five journeys back into the house just safely carrying the EP's back in! :) 

20 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

I have Same bag had it a while good investment and keeps them all safe 

Pretty chuffed with the bag. Had it out two nights in a row and going well. Made a couple of the holes wider to accept the EPs better. Really pleased with the quality of the bag too. :) 

Archived