Hi from Maryland

dhickey

Helllo from the Red Zone in Maryland between Baltimore and Washington.  I started my interest in astronomy in the 90s, and after a couple decades of being dormant when life started to interfere I'm returning a bit.  Equipment is a Meade LX50 8" SCT that I bought around 1995, and working on upgrading my brain to work with a DSLR instead of a film camera.  I also have an Orion 80mm Short Tube that I'm working on using as a guide scope with an Orion Starshoot Autoguider.  I suspect the tracking and electronics in general on the LX50 will have me going to a different mount sooner or later (no GoTo here), but I'm hoping it will be enough to start climbing the learning curve for a little while.

Dave

Greetings and welcome to SGL, Dave - it's good to have you aboard!

Don't feel shy asking any questions you may have, as we love 'em and finding their answers.

Those little ST80's are great little & inexpensive scopes! Everyone enjoys them in and of themselves! Even if we also have MONSTERS as well.

Have fun -

Dave (too)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived