Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Plagiarism - sincerest form of flattery!

Stu

Following on from this thread Michael started....

....in a blatant act of plagiarism, I purchased the same dual mount adaptor and additional TS Vixen clamp for my Giro-WR. To fit the adaptor properly, I needed to add 4 spacers made from a plastic milk bottle, and it now works very well. In addition, whilst playing around with the various pieces, I replaced the lightweight shaft in the Giro-WR with a 13cm Stainless Counterweight shaft. This adds a little weight, but the result feels much better; smoother motion and I'm sure it will cope with heavier weight. I can swap back at any time so no permanent alteration has been done. 

I also found that I could arrange it so I can add a counterweight shaft extension plus weight without removing the clamp, making the whole thing much more flexible for single and dual scope use. Very pleased, and grateful to @michael.h.f.wilkinson for the idea :)

Note to self, must get a smarter looking CW, or paint this one!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Very pleased, and grateful to @michael.h.f.wilkinson for the idea :)

Note to self, must get a smarter looking CW, or paint this one!

Thanks for the interesting report / read,  au contrair, as Del would have said, it looks well used, loved even ! All you have to do now is beat-up on the rest to make it look similar :angel4:

Archived