SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stu

Following on from my lunar shots just using  just the x30 zoom on my Panasonic camera, I thought I ought to try it on a scope! These were very quickly taken in about 15 mins using my Vixen f9 Fluorite on the Giro-WR mount. It was all a little random in terms of targeting, will be much better when I pop the same combination onto the Vixen GP.

Focusing leaves a fair amount to be desired, I need to play around with different methods when I have more time, and using the 10 second timer made it hard to just when targets were going to be in view.

Anyway, I think these might be better if I try with the 40mm TMB Paragon eyepiece, but that involves using a 2" diagonal which I could not be bothered to do at the time!

So, much room for improvement, particularly on focus, although there is a pleasing lack of CA in the images.

No comments about orientation please ;)

Stu

IMG_7803.JPG

IMG_7804.JPG

IMG_7813.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG

IMG_7808.JPG

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7790.JPG

IMG_7811.JPG

IMG_7812.JPG

Stu, very good, clearly you did not have tracking on this set up, much easier with tracking, giving time to work at getting focus close, does the panasonic have a manual focus option?

I use a Pentax optio T30 for A-focal as this has IR remote for shutter and manual focus, the holy grail for A-focal, keep at it, also shhot a movie if on tracking mount then process in pipp and registax

Archived