Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Completed Solar Set Up

Paul73

Hi Guys

After much messing around with adapters, saddles etc. I have finally got my Solar gear set up how I imagined.

I just need to sort out another zoom and I'm there!

White light on one scope and HA on the other. In the warm sun. Bliss!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Paul

I like it. Its simple (no cables,laptops,cameras) and i'm sure gives the best of both worlds. Its also amazing how many people (myself included) use a Mk III Hyperion zoom for Solar. I find the 8mm end of the EP just doesnt quite get me there,so i switch to say a 6mm.

Thanks guys.

I didn't mean to buy the PST. But it appeared on ABS at when I was unable to resist (sunny afternoon & a couple of beers at a wedding......).

The best way to astro shop!!!

I am really impressed with the detail that it offers given the right conditions. The prominences are really excellent. A Quark would give better surface detail. But, the double stack or a mod would sort that. And, it is compact and as light as a feather.

And. Yes. Power & IT free! ?? I approach anything more complex than dew heaters with terror born of bitter experience...

Paul

2 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Thanks guys.

I didn't mean to buy the PST. But it appeared on ABS at when I was unable to resist (sunny afternoon & a couple of beers at a wedding......).

The best way to astro shop!!!

I am really impressed with the detail that it offers given the right conditions. The prominences are really excellent. A Quark would give better surface detail. But, the double stack or a mod would sort that. And, it is compact and as light as a feather.

And. Yes. Power & IT free! ?? I approach anything more complex than dew heaters with terror born of bitter experience...

Paul

Smartphones are terrifying machines under such circumstances!! :) 

Great setup Paul, I was always very impressed with my PST when I had one. Enjoy :) 

Archived