Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all,

I'm not sure how ridiculous this request may be, but I won't know until I ask I guess!!

I am wondering if someone would be willing to 'donate' a set of subs to me, that I could use to practice post-processing on? I want to get into astrophotography, but I don't have a DSLR yet (and won't until I've paid off my lovely eye piece set!) - but I am trying to take in as much info on the post-processing side of things right now, and watching all these videos online/seeing people demonstrate the techniques at talks I've attended - I'm now just dying to start practicing, so that hopefully by the time I get my own camera and start taking my own subs, I will know what I'm doing/have decided on some tools/software I like.

If this is some sort of astrophotography taboo to ask for someone else's hard-earned subs, or people are worried that I'm going to pretend I took them (which not my intention at all)/some sort of copyright infringement - then I completely understand - just thought I'd ask!

If on the other hand someone is willing to let me have some subs to practice on, preferably a galaxy, as this is likely where I'll start with DSO astrophotography, and I want to learn to balance the core region with the arms, but beggers can't be chosers!

Thanks for your time guys.

Steve  

It's a perfectly reasonable request. I hope the link will take you to a set of files from one of our CCD cameras, so you'll find luminance, red, green and blue. I don't use a DSLR so can't offer you anything there but maybe somebody will come along.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v7k03fxrdlfdsat/AAAswejPLlwfjfTuxB6_QYmpa?dl=0

This is a simple 50 minutes per channel run on the Wild Duck Cluster from my place in SE France, Lat 44. I think it's a decent image on which to start learning post processing. It doesn't need anything fancy in the way of processing.

Olly

• 4 weeks later...

Archived