NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mr PacMan's innards...

ChrisLX200

I reprocessed some old data from 2014/15 with the aim of revealing as much of the internals of Mr. Pacman as possible - at least those seen using my TV NP127is. I probably pushed it too far in processing because I threw everything at it - StarTools and PixInsight. This was 10x 1800s each channel (Ha, OIII and SII), Atik490EX, NP127is, Losmandy G11.

LRVB%20PI%20crop_zpshojvvwue.png

Hmm. Looks better in full-res if you can stand the 19MB download... http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro - Images/LRVB PI crop_zpshojvvwue.png.html

ChrisH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, swag72 said:

This a great rendition of a target that seems to be slowly growing on me over time! You've given me some ideas for the ODK :D 

Thanks Sara, those Bok globules and pillars would make a fine target at higher res!

ChrisH

The high res image is a real stunner Chris with great sharp detail on the Bok Globules.  Warm rich colour tones of your HST palette too.  I really like the menacing Pacman just about to burst out of the screen . . .

A great composition and image. Excellent.

On 6/20/2016 at 07:22, ChrisLX200 said:

I reprocessed some old data from 2014/15 with the aim of revealing as much of the internals of Mr. Pacman as possible - at least those seen using my TV NP127is. I probably pushed it too far in processing because I threw everything at it - StarTools and PixInsight. This was 10x 1800s each channel (Ha, OIII and SII), Atik490EX, NP127is, Losmandy G11.

LRVB%20PI%20crop_zpshojvvwue.png

Hmm. Looks better in full-res if you can stand the 19MB download... http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro - Images/LRVB PI crop_zpshojvvwue.png.html

ChrisH

Amazing Chris--2 questions:  1) How did you get this image scale with a 5" scope?  It looks like it was taken at a much higher focal length--like 1,960 or something.  2) How did you get such spectacular clarity with only 10 subs per channel?  I use a tV np101is and even 30 1800sec subs per channel does not get me anywhere near this level of clarity and sharpness.  Same old thing huh?

Archived