Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sol 10-6-16 09.00 New spot

xtreemchaos

sorry guys a very grainy disc shot through cloud, but i thought id grab it to show the new spot,only 8 frames staxed. taken with 120mm frac, 1.5x barlow, lunt wedge, 1200d mono. thanks for looking ,clear skys charl.ps ill upgrade the pics if i get any better but its 100% cloud now and starting to rain.sol 10-6-16 09.00.pngsol 10-6-16 09.00 col.png2nd.pngsame set of frames, just run them through topaz to clean them up a bit, its raining now so im finnished shooting for today. charl.

Well done Charl. Nice image given the cloud. Saw this spot yesterday and it had a very interesting pattern to it. Sadly, doubt if I will see the sun today, as overcast with rain on the way apppparently. :(

On the plus side the footie kicks off tonight! Yay! :) 

Thanks charl.  Well done for grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat.  That AR has developed into a nice little sunspot group now hasn't it.  I don't expect to be posting  any observations for a while.  The weather indicates not a whisker of a clear spell until beyond Monday.  Of course, you never know so I'll try and grab any opportunity I can.  It's good we have SGL so that we can be kept up to date by our colleagues.  :smiley:

2 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Saw this spot yesterday and it had a very interesting pattern to it.

Ah you're killing me man! Sorry for the attempted steal.

Iain 

thanks Paul, i think my weather going to be the same mate, but like you ill be ready just in case, yer mate its great to be part of SGL, i dont know how i managed before i joined, ive learned so much. clear skys charl.

Archived