Greeting from Florida !

Steven Bruner

I have been visiting this site for awhile now and decided to join the group !  JoAnn and I have been together for 37 years and I have been involved with Astronomy since 1985.  Just traded for a new SW 120ED telescope and very much enjoy it.   Cheers to everyone and clear skies !

DSCN1084_opt.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings to you, Steven & JoAnn, and a warm welcome to SGL - it's nice to have you two join us!

A very handsome telescope you went for! And I'll be happy to help find answers to any questions you may have, as we love doing here.

Clear and dark skies -

Dave in Vermont

Welcome to you both. You will certainly be made to feel part of a huge family here,
and should you need any assistance all you need to do is
pose your questions and they will be answered. Much knowledge exists on SGL, but the main
plus, is the very friendly atmosphere.
We hope you and yours enjoy the forums. :icon_salut:

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 23:19, SacRiker said:

Welcome from California! What kind of skies do you have over there? I'm in horrible light pollution but still manage.

Wow, what a wonderful welcome from all of you !!  Sounds like I may have joined a very fine group of people here, I am humbled for sure, many thanks to all of you !

Yes, SacRiker, we do enjoy some nights with excellent seeing conditions here in Florida.   Regarding light pollution, our city Clearwater on the west coast, has recently installed new led street lamps with shielding and it has helped some, but we do live in a large city  so I understand how you must feel.

Hi Steve and JoAnn welcome to SGL, very nice scope the 120 ED, something I would have liked to upgraded too, but age is getting the better of me now, for any further expansion of my Astronomy kit, enjoy the forum :)

18 hours ago, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Hello and welcome to SGL from North Wales. The sunshine state eh, havnt been to your part of the world since the early seventies. Have a great time on the forum and enjoy.

Thanks Garry !!  We are enjoying it already !!  So many nice people for sure.  If you can ever make it back here, please look us up !

8 hours ago, glowjet said:

Hi Steve and JoAnn welcome to SGL, very nice scope the 120 ED, something I would have liked to upgraded too, but age is getting the better of me now, for any further expansion of my Astronomy kit, enjoy the forum :)

Hi John !  Yes, we are enjoying the new scope, downsizing from our 18in dob.  My back isn't what it used to be.  Thanks so much for the warm welcome !!

Archived