Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury Transit From Preston

Uplooker

Here is one of the brief images I took of the Mercury transit when situated in Haslam Park, Preston, with members of Preston and District Astronomical Society (PADAS). Conditions were generally good with cloudless skies but quite a gusty wind. I had two scopes, my TAL PST Stage 2 and an ST80 with Baader solar film. I did not do a lot of imaging as I enjoyed viewing the event and allowing members of the public to get a look in two wavelengths.

I have cropped this image as there is an area that was overexposed, I think mainly due to camera not being orthogonal due to slop in the focuser. I really need to upgrade to the better Borg Helical Focuser.

Image details:-

Scope: TAL 100RS / PST Stage 2
Mount: NEQ6
Camera: TIS DMK31
Frames: 301 / 2000
Processing: Registax 6 & CS6

Not really a patch on some of the fantastic images I have seen, but thanks for looking.

Capture-2016-05-09T14_28_20-R6-Edit-1-CS6-1.jpg

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I really enjoyed the day and was really lucky to view the start and end of the transit and quite a bit in between. It was also a great pleasure to let other, primarily non astronomers, the opportunity to view the transit and to be able to explain to them what it was that they were viewing. Roll on the next one?

13 hours ago, mapstar said:

Great Image Ian. Well done buddy always wondered what you were faffing about at during the day in galloway :icon_scratch:

Thank you very much Mr Mapstar. I note that you have taken up the solar AP bug :icon_biggrin:

Archived