Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group Star Party Sep/Oct 2016

Freff

3 hours ago, tich said:

Afternoon everyone bad news I'm afraid as it's looking unlikely that I'm going to make it down this year due to the rear radius arm bearing going on my car so it's booked in for a repair next week. If & it's a big IF it's ready next Friday I may pop down for the weekend at the very least but I can't promise anything.
I'll ring the campsite to let them know & I'll keep you all posted as to what's going on.
I'm really gutted about it but with my luck after being down there in the past like with brake pad liners disappearing, bottom pulley disintegrating & last years blow out I really don't want to tempt fate again!! 

Hey buddy, you will be missed.  Hope they get it fixed sooner than later and you can at least make it for the weekend.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last update guys before the event. There are a few pitch changes due to cancellations, those who have changed  have been notified.

There are a few pitches still available if anyone would like to attend, you would be more than welcome.

See you there folks, I'll be there from Tuesday with the kettle on. 

mickD                           Pitch   4                   29th - 1st

freff                              Pitch   12                26th - 1st

tich                               Pitch   6                   30th - 1st  (hopefully)

easwing                        Pitch  26                  30th - 1st

faulksy                          Pitch  27                  29th - 1st

swampthing                  Pitch  28                  29th - 1st

bats                               Pitch   5                  30th – 1st

astrojoe                         Pitch   9                  30th – 1st

reddross                        Pitch 13                  29th - 1st

mapstar                         Pitch  32                  29th – 2nd            

bobxuk                          Pitch  15                  29th – 2nd

l8-nite                            Pitch    6                   29th - 1st              

pig                                   Pitch      8                 29th - 1st

lee_b                               Pitch     11               30th - 1st

astrostroll                        Pitch     25               30th - 2nd

Free to good home. Skywatcher Explorer 150pl. 

I'm having a clear out, anyone want a Blue Tube 150pl? My first scope, been in the shed for about 5 years, good condition (tube rings included).
If you want it I can bring it to Pencelli.
Let me know.

Mick.

P.S. see you all on Thursday.

Tony, I came back from Astrocamp at Cwmdu near Crickhowell yesterday and have left as much of my gear as possible in the car. I put the SW counter weight in the boot for you this morning. I have had to swap a lecture from Tuesday to Thursday this week, so will be later arriving.

Guys very sorry but I won't be able to make it this weekend after all. Been full of cold the past few days and my asthma has now started playing up so a couple of nights in Pencelli is just not doable I'm afraid this year

Dissapointed not to be making it but best of luck to everyone who does.

Tony, please let me know if there are any fees or deposits I need to cover, I'm happy to do so if required.

James

It's nearly midnight, and the sky is gin clear, albeit blustery and impossible to get the scope out. 

Made the most of it for a couple of hours with the binoculars, now it's time to give the tent pegs a last whack with the mallet and off to bed.

Looking forward to Thursdays arrivals.

Have a great time everyone as I feared I cannot make it down this time so really gutted about it but the car is poorly & needs an axle replacement, I've found someone online that does refurbs which has saved me a whole heap of money providing they have one in stock of course. Then there's getting it fitted afterwards around 3 hours the garage reckoned.
Clear skies everyone.

Well, I have just got back and I must say I had a great time.
I would like to say thanks to Tony for organising everything and to the Dob Mob for letting me look through their scopes :hello:
It was also great to put some faces to the SGL members I hadn't met before, especially to Brendan and his Indian rope trick (Damien) :icon_compress:

Here are some pictures to admire:-

Damiens Dob.JPG

Daves Dob.JPG

Mikes Dob.JPG

Steves Dob.JPG

Archived