Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Stunning sky here in  northumberland tonight. Seen several persieds already. Loey clear night and the sky is getting darker.

Pleased to hear the sky cleared for you Chris. Hope you have a lovely week with your family and get some clear dark skies whilst you are up there.

I'm just finishing loading the car for our second camping trip. Up to Newton-upon-Rawcliffe near Dalby forest for 4 nights, so I'm hoping for clear skies also to catch some Perseids. Not sure what internet I'll have there, so I'll speak to you all when I can :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Pitched and ready for another few days of family camping. Lovely quiet site right near the Dalby forest with HUGE open skies. Kettle is on, family are happy playing football and i just need those clouds to clear now :)

IMG_20160808_192320.jpg

IMG_20160808_192255.jpg

Looks great Vicky 

Isn't the dalby star party on this weekend? 

1 minute ago, mapstar said:

Looks great Vicky 

Isn't the dalby star party on this weekend? 

It was the weekend just gone Damian which is a shame as we would have popped across to see Mell. The sky is clearing lovely, so fingers crossed I'll get some viewing in tonight :)

29 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

It was the weekend just gone Damian which is a shame as we would have popped across to see Mell. The sky is clearing lovely, so fingers crossed I'll get some viewing in tonight :)

Clear in Ossett Vicky, Winscar would have been good tonight, but didn't fancy going on my own lol, set up in backyard now .

Eric

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Clear in Ossett Vicky, Winscar would have been good tonight, but didn't fancy going on my own lol, set up in backyard now .

Eric

Sorry Eric I would've if it had been tomorrow as I'm off wedneday. Tonight looks perfect for blowing the cobwebs off the scope.

Sky has indeed sta yes clear tonight. Can see m31 naked eye. Milky way is nice and bright and I've seen several persieds aswell. Don't want to go home at the end of the week to those awful orange tinted sky's now!!

I will second that astro, I was just out on the coast at Saint Bees lying on a picnic table admiring our Milky Way and counting persieds as they shot through the sky ☺️

I told the wife I would only be 30 mins tops 1h 30m later haha honestly lost track of time, no scope no binoculars and seriously as utterly breathtaking without if not more so ?

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

Best Sky for weeks, still washy but can't complain, great ISS pass, out for 3hours didn't see any percy's but glued to eyepiece and then screen is why.

M97 bit washy,M27 Nice view, M81 Bodes Neb fair,M82 Cgar nice view, M110 reasonable, M31 Good view.

Counted approx 50 stars which is most I have seen for weeks, wind dropped nicely, Moon out of the way, just wish I had been at a dark sky !!!

Another  practice with the Atik Infinity Managed a nice couple of images so , although for some reason the scope wouldnt behave and I could not centre on screen, moved to M27 Dumbell Neb and managed ok to catch a reasonable image which I will post later. Having a problem also with larger Galaxies as Centre Core is far too bright and drowning out shape, another issue to overcome in time with more  familiarization. All in All enjoyable night, NO DEW WOW

2 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Best Sky for weeks, still washy but can't complain, great ISS pass, out for 3hours didn't see any percy's but glued to eyepiece and then screen is why.

M97 bit washy,M27 Nice view, M81 Bodes Neb fair,M82 Cgar nice view, M110 reasonable, M31 Good view.

Counted approx 50 stars which is most I have seen for weeks, wind dropped nicely, Moon out of the way, just wish I had been at a dark sky !!!

Another  practice with the Atik Infinity Managed a nice couple of images so , although for some reason the scope wouldnt behave and I could not centre on screen, moved to M27 Dumbell Neb and managed ok to catch a reasonable image which I will post later. Having a problem also with larger Galaxies as Centre Core is far too bright and drowning out shape, another issue to overcome in time with more  familiarization. All in All enjoyable night, NO DEW WOW

Nice 2star sounds like you had a lovely session ☺️

I do wish I had my scope with me last night unfortunately there wasn't room in the car ?

I've never seen the Milky Way so prominent dust lanes were literally popping out of the sky and I've never seen so many stars out really perfect seeing ?

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

I got out for a bit last night, watched the nice ISS pass at 21:40 then it started to cloud over whilst setting up the scope. It didn't really fully clear until about 23:30, so spent a little time refreshing my memory on imaging setup & checking everything was working correctly. I did manage to finally get the PS3 controller working wireless via ASCOM - meaning I can use it to move the mount when the EQ6 is under EQMOD control via the shed PC. I need to get back onto my remote focuser project which should hopefully be one of the last pieces in the puzzle to make imaging easier/better.

I had a couple our hours out last night also. I'm now in Shropshire and the sky's are just as dark. 

I was looking at the southern end of the milkyway as I had a good horizon Eagle and Omega nebula also M18,25 also the wild duck. I could not see anything below these due to the atmosphere being too murky. I moved on to the owl cluster again and the double cluster and andromeda found the Whirlpool galaxy. 

There were about 12 Perseids lovely and bright. Weather report for tonight is broken cloud so might be out again 

My second DSO, still on a big learning curve probably need another 12 to 18 hours to get where I want to be, still cant fathom the video replay on the infinity yet, probably not recording properly my fault I know but non the less pleased with M27 Dumbell image under conditions. This is a Raw still pic snapshot i took, I cant seem to find out how to manage the videos I am taking with it in order to process to a better image.

m27xDumbell.jpg

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

just looked at the forecast and winscar may be on the cards tonight for me 

I may be joining you Damian, taking one of grandsons to soccer training so will have to load up about 9pm, let me know what you are doing and I will see if I can make it

eric

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

just looked at the forecast and winscar may be on the cards tonight for me 

The forecast are again differing , so as I am a bit tired from last night ( 03-45) decided to stay in and not risk driving.

eric

Hi All, 

Bit of a saddening post today. I'm sorry to inform you all the Leigh Albone passed away yesterday. Some of us will know him from Soupy's place at Keilder and he came down to the Horbury Show recently. I really don't know many details but thought it best to post.

Vicky D

49 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

The forecast are again differing , so as I am a bit tired from last night ( 03-45) decided to stay in and not risk driving.

eric

Its not looking too good up that way Eric so I was debating whether to turn out or bot myself.

May try the patio as I need to get out 

2 hours ago, woozydewsy said:

Hi All, 

Bit of a saddening post today. I'm sorry to inform you all the Leigh Albone passed away yesterday. Some of us will know him from Soupy's place at Keilder and he came down to the Horbury Show recently. I really don't know many details but thought it best to post.

Vicky D

Sad news Vicky, thoughts with his family

21 hours ago, woozydewsy said:

Hi All, 

Vicky D

Seen Soupy today and I'd not clicked that it was Hazegood Leigh. Sorry to hear he's not with us anymore and we shall have to salute him next time we are out.

All the friends that we have here have been brought together through the stars and Leigh has now joined them. He will not be forgotten and will always get a mention, especially when Kielder is brought up. 

Hats off to him :icon_salut:

Archived