NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

Been in the garden all day trying to suss the Opticstar cameras for solar with the Travelscope70 on the wedge. Didn't have much success - various issues, namely Opticstar software being rather flakey. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/07/2016 at 08:09, 2STAR said:

The cloud did spread from the West and it didn't get as dark as  last night but i managed some good practice at setting up and my tracking was spot on again using the precise goto it went to all the targets albeit they were just smudges or blobs lol but I did get them on screen so i was somewhat happy in any case

On 18/07/2016 at 08:09, 2STAR said:

The cloud did spread from the West and it didn't get as dark as  last night but i managed some good practice at setting up and my tracking was spot on again using the precise goto it went to all the targets albeit they were just smudges or blobs lol but I did get them on screen so i was somewhat happy in any case

Vicky, set my self 2 targets as and when favourable sky, Owl Nebula m97 & Surfboard Galaxy m108, will try and locate them asap just for tracking practice at the moment due to light nights

eric 

Well the clouds have rolled in and its looking distinctly fuzzy up there so not much chance of viewing anything.

Work and then 23.5miles on the mountain bike have also worn me out and so its a cold drink and some tea then chillax.

Temperature is just mad! Especially where I work.

Since its seems to be endless clouds at the moment :hmh: thought I'd pick the communal brain.

Does anyone with a Skyliner 200p know what length the 2" extension tube is??

The scope didn't come with one only the 1.25".

Would love a widefield eyepiece and I'm guessing 2" is the way to go.

47 minutes ago, rich6626 said:

Since its seems to be endless clouds at the moment :hmh: thought I'd pick the communal brain.

I've got a 35mm one with mine, which is sufficient to bring my ES 82 to focus and the Morpheus in 1.25" mode with an adapter, but the Morphs in 2" mode need a 50mm (which I've also got).

10 hours ago, rich6626 said:

Rich, I may have one, will look this morning, not sure if I passed it on when I sold my 200p, you can have it if its in my Astro drawer ok

Eric

49 minutes ago, rockystar said:

@mapstar : Damian, did I see a post from you recently saying you were off to a Star Party in the Autumn some time? I was just looking at the SGL star party in October and I may have negotiated a weekend away.

Sorry Lee only just seen your question. I've two planned and would fit more in if I could.

The South wales star party at the end of september (29th sept-2nd Oct)

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/269348-south-wales-astronomy-group-star-party-sepoct-2016/

and the Galloway autumn gathering (31st oct-7th Nov) which follows directly on from the Kielder event

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260199-galloway-autumn-star-party-2016/?page=1

Hmm, choices, choices (if there are any spaces left). I really fancy going to one this year, and the wife has said yes (as long as I let her go shopping in London!), Galloway is probably a bit far this time, but the 2 welsh ones are only a couple of hours from work.

On 22/07/2016 at 22:58, rockystar said:

I've got a 35mm one with mine, which is sufficient to bring my ES 82 to focus and the Morpheus in 1.25" mode with an adapter, but the Morphs in 2" mode need a 50mm (which I've also got).

Thanks rockystar, that's good to know. I've found 50mm and 67.5mm ones so far but sounds like a 50mm would do the trick if needed. 

17 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Rich, I may have one, will look this morning, not sure if I passed it on when I sold my 200p, you can have it if its in my Astro drawer ok

Eric

Thanks for the offer Eric its much appreciated would love to take you up on it if the tube makes an appearance in your astro drawer!

It said it was missing in the astroboot ad but I had no idea what if was for so didn't worry about. Only looked it up when I started wondering why the 1.25" adapter was soo long.

Rich

5 hours ago, rich6626 said:

Thanks rockystar, that's good to know. I've found 50mm and 67.5mm ones so far but sounds like a 50mm would do the trick if needed. 

Thanks for the offer Eric its much appreciated would love to take you up on it if the tube makes an appearance in your astro drawer!

It said it was missing in the astroboot ad but I had no idea what if was for so didn't worry about. Only looked it up when I started wondering why the 1.25" adapter was soo long.

Rich

Rich, I think I have what you want,I will post a pic of it on here later today

eric

Must be a trend when getting 200p's cheap... ours came with neither extension also, just a stumpy 2" to 1.25" adapter. Currently stacking T-adaptors to get up to length!

Archived