SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wadas forum

WADAS

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely Milky Way images Mark. I especially like the second one. Great job.

Is it going to be clear later? I'm back at work tomorrow, however if anyone is heading out I might be tempted although the Moon is getting pretty big again now.

Been busy fitting my EQ wedge upgrade on my NEQ6. What a job! It's only taken me 2 hours lol. Looks good though and hopefully I will have more success polar aligning on my own now :)

IMG_20160814_173228.jpg

1 minute ago, Vicky050373 said:

Lovely Milky Way images Mark. I especially like the second one. Great job.

Is it going to be clear later? I'm back at work tomorrow, however if anyone is heading out I might be tempted although the Moon is getting pretty big again now.

Been busy fitting my EQ wedge upgrade on my NEQ6. What a job! It's only taken me 2 hours lol. Looks good though and hopefully I will have more success polar aligning on my own now :)

IMG_20160814_173228.jpg

Give me  a shout Vicky if you are going out, was looking around the area within 10 mile or so but couldn't really see anything for some temporary observing, unless you may have an idea ? 

Managed an hour out last night but the seeing was dreadful with the DLB at nearly full.

Sky was well washed out and it's not always the best from my back yard.

M2 just above aquarius and the great pegasus glob M15 had a good looking at. Also took in NGC7331 off the top of scheat in peg.

Caught one persied whilst I was out

Looking forwad to the end of the month when the DLB is new.

Pleased to hear you got out. I popped out for a short while but the sky was bright and washed out so didn't stop out long. Did, however, see one bright Perseid whilst I was out which was good. Decided to head to bed after half an hour as it's back to work for me today after my fortnight off. If the Moon hadn't have been so bright I think I'd have ventured out but it's just about typical that the clear sky will wait for the bright Moon!  

3 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Pleased to hear you got out. I popped out for a short while but the sky was bright and washed out so didn't stop out long. Did, however, see one bright Perseid whilst I was out which was good. Decided to head to bed after half an hour as it's back to work for me today after my fortnight off. If the Moon hadn't have been so bright I think I'd have ventured out but it's just about typical that the clear sky will wait for the bright Moon!  

It was a shame it took me at least until past 1 to get anything half decent to sketch considering I was out from 9 I didnt pack up until well gone 2.

Im feeling it today though up at 6 with the kids were playing in the garden at the moment with the promise of a barbecue later and probably more clear skies tonight ☺️

Sleep is definitely taking a back seat ?

Richard

I had a good night in the garden last night. Started with Mars before it dropped behind the houses - still mushy and not much detail, a bit of white on the north pole. Then I had some really good moments with Saturn, still in the twilight, Cassini division really clear, 3-4 moons (one was really on the edge of visibility and only occasionally visible with AV and there was another which turned out to be a star), and a weather band, so happy with that. Then had a moment with the moon, some lovely craters on the southern tip by the terminator, really well defined shadows casting into the crater with some central tips just catching the sunlight.

A break when the wife came home, and then I moved to the bottom of the garden so the moon was hidden behind the houses, darkness (as much as it can be from my location and with the bright moon) started to set in I tracked down, M29 & M39 (both new finds), the obligatory view of M31, and then moved out to M56 and M11 (again, both new finds). It was gone midnight by then, and I had work today, and it was getting cold. But I was happy :)

Hi all,

Due to the problems encountered last time, when the thread got a little large, the admin asked us to move the thread to a new topic once 1k posts had been exceeded.

I have posted a new topic which can be found here

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/275560-wadas-forum-2/

Showing a distinct lack of imagination I have just stuck a 2 on the end.

Please can we all start posting there thanks .

• 4 months later...

Archived