Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HI, Connacht here !

Connacht

HI,

I'm new to the forum today. I am not a completely new to astronomy person, but still pretty new. I'm looking forward to interacting with many of you

and buying a new Dobsonian telescope in the very near future.

~Connacht

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Connacht. If you can before you get a scope get a pair of binoculars. With a decent pair for $50 to $100 you should be able to see some decent views of the night sky through them, along with some DSO's as well. You should also be able to make out the four Galliean moons of Jupiter, and just about see that something is wrong with Saturn too. ;) 

Thanks, Knighty2112 !  (Rush fan perhaps?)

I have some binos, in fact I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000XMRBM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I have a newtonian reflector (Celestron Powerseeker 127 EQ), a Meade DS2090 AT-TC Goto refractor, and a small Meade Infinity 50mm refractor. An Explore Scientific 24mm 68* EP. a Celestron Zoom EP (8-24mm), a 2x barlow, a Vestil CP-800 astronomy chair, and various sky atlases, namely the Sky & Telescope Pocket Atlas ( not the Jumbo).

Looks like a great pair! :) 

BTW: Proto Star is the category name that SGL gives users after they've posted over 500 comments up. You are classed as a Vacuum. I think you then become a nebula, then Proto star etc, upwards through stellar evolution I believe! Just call me Knighty2112 instead! :) 

8 minutes ago, Connacht said:

Thanks, Knighty2112 !  (Rush fan perhaps?)

I have some binos, in fact I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000XMRBM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I have a newtonian reflector (Celestron Powerseeker 127 EQ), a Meade DS2090 AT-TC Goto refractor, and a small Meade Infinity 50mm refractor. An Explore Scientific 24mm 68* EP. a Celestron Zoom EP (8-24mm), a 2x barlow, a Vestil CP-800 astronomy chair, and various sky atlases, namely the Sky & Telescope Pocket Atlas ( not the Jumbo).

Yep! 2112 was a bit of a give away wasn't it? Hehe! ;) 

I will use this opportunity to tell a little about myself. I started with astronomy last summer, and am hoping to buy a 8" or 10" dobsonian (Zhumell Z8 or Z10) in the very near future. I decided on the user name "Connacht" , as that is the area of Ireland that my ancestors came from in the mid 1700's. I am a musician (since 1980) and play a number of instruments, such as electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, bass guitar, synthesizers, blues harp, and drums if I am badgered into it ! :icon_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Connacht said:

I will use this opportunity to tell a little about myself. I started with astronomy last summer, and am hoping to buy a 8" or 10" dobsonian (Zhumell Z8 or Z10) in the very near future. I decided on the user name "Connacht" , as that is the area of Ireland that my ancestors came from in the mid 1700's. I am a musician (since 1980) and play a number of instruments, such as electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, bass guitar, synthesizers, blues harp, and drums if I am badgered into it ! :icon_biggrin:

Wow! Is your middle name Vangelis? ;) 

Archived