Greetings everyone from johny

johny3

Hi all,

I live near Buffalo, NY with my wife and 2 kids and plenty of pets. I have owned an astromaster for about 4 years. Add my love for amateur photography (as much as I can do with an 8 and 3 year old and busy job) and I have started to try my hand and merging the two.  Most of my photography, of course, centers around my kids. I am the dad with the canon around his neck at hockey games. My stargazing I love to share with both kids, but the 8 year old has especially been interested.  My time is definitely limited but I do what I can. Most of what we do at home involves scooting outside right before bed (depending on the season) with the astromaster and spotting the stars, planets and moons. This last week has been wonderful when the weather has allowed us to look past the clouds. My son loved seeing Jupiter and 4 of its moons the other night, we hope to do it again tonight.

Currently we are having fun with our Celestron 21063 AstroMaster 90 AZ Refractor Telescope. We are lucky to have a large yard with an field to our left and a large yard on our right to allow for excellent viewing in most directions. 

I look forward to picking up tips!

Archived