Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Kansas City!

chbrandt

I've recently joined SGL and have been very impressed by the quality of people here willing to help and offer advice.  I just got into the hobby last March when I purchased an XT8 and a cheap set of Orion Plossls.  Since joining in March, I've logged over 135 hours at the EP and knocked out 80 of the Messiers, joined my very active local astronomical society, became key holder at our public observatory and started upgrading equipment.  All told, I'm a little obsessed with the hobby. :)  

I look forward to getting to know some of you and to share experiences and ideas in the future!

Chris
------------------------------------------------------
Orion SkyQuest XT8 Dobsonian with TelRad. Eyepieces: 30mm Explore Scientific 82° (40x, 2.05°), 14mm Explore Scientific 82° (86x, 0.96°), 8.8mm Explore Scientific 82° (136x, 0.60°). Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars on 70" Pistol Grip Tripod

Hello and welcome :)

80 of the messier's ? considering the weather here I'd be glad to be able to see just 1 :)

Cheers !

Hello Chris. and a warm welcome aboard the Starship SGL.

We have a number of your Countrymen here, I'm  sure you will 

get acquainted with them in due course.

Messier hunting is a fine exercise, not many more for you to reel in.

Enjoy your stay.

Archived