Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

20/12 - Crater Copernicus (again)

Blazar

Right another one from the 20th.  Crater Copernicus and its hexagonal form. Quite a clear bit of atmosphere for this capture. A nice view of the debris on the crater floor, and a nice view of the terraces and steep walls of this crater.....all 56 miles of awesomeness. Also quite a nice view of the attached ray system.  Imagine standing at the bottom and looking up the odd 11400 feet to the top.... one of the last captures with the old setup. Captured in OA capture, stacked in AS2, sharpened in RS6 and finished in PS5. Thanks for looking.

gallery_27945_3180_35713.png

Excellent image

Can you give the details of the set up you had taken the image with?

Hi there. The equipment used is listed in my signature...so an Edge800HD on an AVX mount. The camera was a ZWO120MM-s. I used a TVx2 barlow and an IR pass filter to aid atmospheric stability.

Thanks Pete and Alan. Yes there a few more from that evening I will get round to post them up at some point. I do feel a little sad about selling the 800...it was a fantastic scope, and the one I really learnt a lot from, so will always be a favourite I think. Now I have to go back and learn the quirks of a new scope and mount.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived