NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

altair astro gp-cam

dobbie

hi all, this is my first attempt at taking any type of imaging its with the altair astro gp-cam witch i picked up from lee at greenwitch today, i got it to do some video astronomy so all the family can view on the pc in the house ( its to cold for them now ) but took a 2min avi and stacked it in registax , looking forward to see what this little cam can do.

taken with a ed100 f/9 fl 900 on a cg4 mount ,

post-4273-0-16210600-1448129457_thumb.jp

hi dave,james hope to post more pics when i get my head around it all , it was bought to do video so i can show live views to the family , but the images it shows are sharp so thought i would dabble at taking a pic, james its the colour version with a uv/ir filter on, john.

thanks for the comments alan,michael   just been out again but without success  tried some long exposure shots no joy.. think I need to read up a bit more , tried with my spotting scope maybe not the best to try it with .

Archived