Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

show us your coloured moons.

xtreemchaos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Charl, yes, that was with the C8. It has gone back to its rightful owner now, mores the pity. I thoroughly enjoyed my solar system imaging, a very welcome change from DSO work, although it does involve processing significantly more data!

I had to rise to your challenge Charl. This has taken me ages, I had to work out a way of doing it: turn the saturation right up to max, then play with the colour balance & levels until all the colours are present. Turn down the saturation and adjust gently to get good colour. Add a sharpened luminance layer on top.

Colour_Moon_30_July.jpg

Can't contribute myself but some good images here.  I need to get a decent set of filters.  Something I want to try is imaging lunar geology - looking at the red-blue ratio, a bit like a poor-mans Clementine image http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/clementine/images/  (e.g. the section on "Aristarchus Region
Multispectral Mosaic of the Aristarchus Crater and Plateau" )

Here's one from me from 5 years ago. I love the coloured moons but could never get the colours I was after, instead a rather mucky boring yellow colour. This will hopefully give people an impetus to get better!! It didn't me, I didn't take a moon pic after this :D

4807757973_92edb125a9_b.jpg

The moon in colour taken with a 900mm telescope by Sara Wager, on Flickr

Archived