Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange how this hobby changes your outlook on things

Garethr

Today there was the lovely sound of a chainsaw operating in next doors garden,

To my delight they were cutting down some old trees to my south. They have only done half so far but it has lowered my horizon to the South by about 15 degrees and I'm hoping they will finish the job tomorrow.

Years ago I would have looked on in horror.

Gareth

yes, like a two storey observatory.:)

Being eclipsed by someone elses observatory would be a bit of a bummer. Though I don't think a fellow astronomer would do anything as darstedly [emoji6]

Nice to see the Southern horizon cleared - you may just be able to glimpse Saturn next year.

Just had a chat with next door and the good news is they will be taking out the last 3 trees over the next week.

No plans to build and I don't think they have any space as it's the people next door to my neighbour who are chopping the trees.

Just need the neighbour to the North to do the same and happy days the wife won't see me for weeks. :):)

Gareth.

I have mixed feelings when this has happened. My train of thought goes;

- That's a shame, I like trees

- But at least I can see more sky now

-  The light pollution is so bad that low down it's not worth looking at anyway.

-  Then again, it will be better for planetary observing

-  Damn, the neighbours security light is right in my eyes now.

Archived