Hi, new Member

Sirsalis

Hi everyone just thought i would say a quick hello. My name is shane and i am currently taking a gap year out from uni. My main interests are centred on animals/zoology, but i have also have a great fascination for space and astronomy, be it at a beginners level. I initially bought the skywatcher 130 'autotrack model' but had non stop problems with the mount and with a second mount that was sent out as a replacement!, i decided to opt for the explorer 150p, eq3-2 instead & a 127 Mak. I have had some very rewarding views of the moon & saturn since and am looking forward to exploring the rest of the night sky from my garden.

Welcome to the SGL Forums Shane. I hope we can enhance your astronomy in some way, and if you need any questions answered, or help in any way, just ask.

I thought most gap year students took off to exotic climes. Do you have ambitions to work in a zoo perhaps?

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Hi Ron. Yeah no exotic climes for me :sunny: I am a mature student, well not that mature, so that sort of thing is not so easy due to responsibilities. I hope to work doing variouse aspects of animal research which might take me abroad working a lot in the field but not necessarily in a zoo as such, but who knows. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived