SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cannot let go

Too right Alan. I only have the fracs as I got into solar as they are far superior (if not essential). I reckon if I lost interest in solar, I'd sell the 120mm ed and the PSTAL and just keep the 80mm f5 apo and the dobs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea of lending it to a local society with the understanding that it will accompany you to star parties seems to fit with what I would like to do with an unused large scope like that, although I would need to know the society and how it would be treated first :)

Trussing your 16" would make it easier to take to Elan;)....but you still need the spare time to be there and if that's hard to come by i would sell it. There's no question that you make a cracking truss dob but even a 12" under great skies is a wonderful prospect!

I am pleased for your wallet

don't be, I have the 130 but it's a zeiss frac - the other glass which is being put on it is also German...  :confused:

there's also the two teenage daughters, the young son (discovering the world) and the wife (not into shoes but chanel!)  As I write - what wallet? :)

michael

Have a similar problem after purchasing my tak 106ed, I have taken it out three nights total of five hours and if it fell  of the stand I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, but i cant part with it so I am making a wooden box with a glass front and silicon  sealed it in and use it as a display item.

don't be, I have the 130 but it's a zeiss frac - the other glass which is being put on it is also German...  :confused:

there's also the two teenage daughters, the young son (discovering the world) and the wife (not into shoes but chanel!)  As I write - what wallet? :)

michael

I should have known the wallet would not escape that easily

Have a similar problem after purchasing my tak 106ed, I have taken it out three nights total of five hours and if it fell  of the stand I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, but i cant part with it so I am making a wooden box with a glass front and silicon  sealed it in and use it as a display item.

Here's a suggestion for you:

post-43529-0-59912200-1444288216_thumb.j

Archived