Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun in HA, and Friends - Sept 23rd

ArmyAirForce

Just before the school run this morning, I noticed the sky was mostly clear, but cloud was building. I started to get the gear out, took little legs to school, rushed back and finished setting up. There was a thin veil of cloud across the sky, but with my solar scope a little over a week old, I decided I had to have another try.

This was my third outing with the scope. To give a bit of context to the prominences and filaments, I've added images of the planets that I've taken over the last three years ( except Pluto, which is only 1 pixel in size in the finished image ). The planets were taken with my ASI120MM on my 200PDS reflector.

The solar Image is from the Lunt LS50THa, single stack scope, and ASI120MM camera, on my NEQ6 Pro mount. Solar Image taken at 09:04 hrs for the surface detail and 09:12 hrs for the prominences. By 10:00am, the cloud was thickening and the Sun fading in out out of view on the screen, so I packed up.

post-20257-0-62624100-1443039171_thumb.j

Archived